Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Ashley was taking a sip of her coffee when she felt a shadow looming over her. She grew curious and looked up, instantly rolling her eyes when she saw exactly who it was. 

"It's just you." She said dryly before removing her eyes away from him.

"Just me? Mia bella you wound me." He took the seat across from her. "It's nice to see you here. Such a coincidence, wouldn't you say? Some would even call it fate."

Ashley looked back at him and rolled her eyes when she saw his grin. "I beg to differ. On the contrary, I'm beginning to think that you're stalking me." She said before turning away again, refusing to look at the infuriating man. 

This had been the third time she saw him today and every time, he would always try to spark up conversation despite her trying to ignore him.

The man seems to not be able to take a hint.

"Stalking you? Well mia bella I would never. But of course, how can I deny trying to get to know someone as beautiful as you?" his voice was filled with amusement as he answered her and that only seemed to infuriate her even more.

"Flattery will get you nowhere with me." She said dryly, turning to look at him again. She raised her eyebrow at him. "Now don't you have anything better to do than talking to me and infuriating me to no end?"

"Ah you're a feisty one. I like that." he smirked at her and in turn, she scowled at him. Chuckling, he answered her question. "There is something better that I would like to do right now."

"Then go and do it." She hissed out at him, picking up her cup of coffee.

"I would but then again, it all depends on the person who I want to do it with." He replied, staring straight at her.

Ashley took a sip of her coffee again and turned back to him, only to see him staring intensely at her. "Then go ask that person and leave me alone. I don't have time to deal with you."

He chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, leaning back against the seat. "Would you like to go take a walk with me? I would like to get to know you better."

"My nonna told me to never go with strangers." She replied sharply, letting some of her Italian accent seep through her voice.

"Nonna? And is that an Italian accent I hear? You're Italian?" he asked her with curiosity.

"My father is an Italian man. My mother was an American. I was raised in Italy for ten years before I left." She said, not deterring her eyes from her coffee cup.

"Why did you leave?"

"My father remarried. He didn't treat me the same after that. I asked to go live with my maternal grandparents and he didn't hesitate to ship me away." she replied softly, shocking herself at how much she had revealed to him.

"And your mother?" he asked in a soft and gentle voice.

Ashley gave him a fake smile before turning away again. She stared out the window. "She died giving birth to me."

It was silent for a few moments before he spoke up. "This is good."

Ashley snapped her head towards him and glared. "The death of my mother was good?"

His eyes widened and he quickly shook his head. "No I didn't mean good about that part. Your mother dying isn't something good."

"What is good about what I just told you then?" she snapped, continuing to glare at him.