Chapter 26

Fourth day in a row you guys! BOOM! 

You guys get a little ( a HUGE) insight on Alessio in this chapter. 

Enjoy my lovelies. 

Chapter 26

Alessio smiled and wrapped his arms around her little thighs. He did a quick spin. Her giggle echoed through the room, filling it with warmth. She replaced the loneliness inside of his heart with love. Full unconditional love for her. He placed her down on the ground and placed a hand on her cheek. "How's my little angel?"

She giggled and kissed his nose. "Good." she chirped. Her hands clapped together and her bounced her knee up and down. "Daddy, guess what?"

Alessio sat on the ground and pulled her into his arms. He kissed her forehead. "What is it, piccola?"

"I talked to momma and papa today." she whispered into his ear.

Alessio's heart tugged in his chest. He pulled her in for a hug, resting his chin on her little shoulders. A tear slipped down his face. "What did you, momma, and papa talk about?"

"We talked about you." she wrapped her tiny arms around his neck and leaned her head into his neck.

"What about me?" Alessio brushed his hands through her curly blonde locks.

"Momma wants you to get married, daddy. And papa wants you to bring a nice girl home to be my new mommy." she pulled away from him and clapped her hand together. An excited smile graced her face. "Are you going to get married daddy?"

Alessio smiled sadly and shook his head. "No, I'm not."

She frowned at him and stepped away. Crossing her arms over her chest, she glared at him. The exact same glare that her mother would give him every time he did something wrong. Like mother, like daughter.

"Why not?"

Alessio poked her nose and picked her up. He swung her on his shoulders knowing that she would forget about the subject.

Her giggles filled the room again. A sound of innocence that Alessio prayed she'd keep forever. He prayed that the line of work that he's in would never interfere with the life that she deserves. And that it would not kill her like it had killed Sophia.

"Daddy, put me down." she giggled, hitting his back with her tiny fists. "I'm dizzy."

Alessio chuckled and placed her down on the ground again. He held onto her as she got her balance back and ruffled her hair. "Alright piccola. You're down now."

She glared at him again and rolled her eyes. Her attitude reminded him every single day of Sophia. They had the same hair, same eyes, same smile. Their names were similar and so were their attitudes.

"Don't glare at me, Sophie," Alessio warned, "or else you're going to get wrinkles."

Sophie gasped and grabbed her face. She shook her head. "No, no wrinkles." she said in horrification.

Alessio nodded his head. "Yes wrinkles."

Sophie shook her head. "Nanna!" she shouted, running off.

Alessio chuckled at her and followed right behind.

She ran into the kitchen and hugged a woman's leg. "Nanna, daddy said i'm going to get wrinkles if I glare at him." she pouted.

The woman chuckled and knelt down next to her. She looked up at Alessio and smiled motherly. "You are home early for once Alessio."

Alessio shrugged his shoulders and leaned his body against the wall. "I didn't have much to do," he looked down at Sophie who stared up at the woman with widened eyes. He smiled at the sight, "I also missed my little piccola."