Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Samuel stared at Ashley's retreating back. His fists clenched and he sat down on the bench, burying his head. He tugged at his hair and wondered what he should do next. She didn't believe him and he expected that.

It still didn't stop the hurt and the clenching of his heart though. He tilted his head up and buried his mouth with both his hands. He had messed up big time. "How do I fix this?" he muttered to himself.

He stood up and shoved his hands into his pockets. He had to find her and try to make her understand. He needs her to forgive him. He can't live with himself until she can.

His sister.

She had been his sister and he treated her like crap all those years before. 

He was the reason why she left the estate. Instead of being her biggest protector, he had been her biggest tormentor. He should have been the one who comforted her after a nightmare. Yet he haunted her dreams, taking away her peace of mind. 

He could never forgive himself for that. 

A tear slipped down his face and he wiped it away hastily. He took another look at the kids. A smile came onto his face when he saw the little girl.

Despite having a cut that would hurt her and hinder her, she still ran around the playground with a big smile on her face. She's strong and Samuel is certain that she could go through anything that life throws at her.

Just like Ashley.

"Excuse me." An angelic voice said.

Samuel turned around. His heart soared inside of his chest, laying eyes on the beauty right in front of him.

A brown haired and blue eyed woman stared back at him. Wearing a pencil skirt and a black blouse, she sported the professional look. Her brown hair had been pinned back and Samuel imagined it down, cascading over her shoulders.

He bit his lip and his eyes wandered down to her chest. He coughed and instantly looked away, praying that she didn't see that he had checked her out.

"Are you Samuel?"

He snapped his head towards her again. Gone is the awkward guy and in his place stood a cautious one. "How did you know my name?"

A scowl came onto her face and she raised her palm up.

Seconds later, Samuel's cheek stung. His hand instinctively raised to his cheek and he glared at the woman. "What the hell?"

"That was for hurting my best friend." She hissed and turned on her heels.

"I don't even know you and you just slapped me?" Samuel shouted. He walked forward and grabbed her wrist, turning her around. "Apologize."

She freed her wrist and glared at him. "The name is Mayla Reilly. It'll be best if you remember the name. After all, this would not be the last time that you hear about me."

With that being said, she turned around and left him.

Samuel's mouth dropped open. He stared at the infuriating woman walking away. 

She went up to him and slapped him for no reason at all, claiming to have done it on her best friend's behalf. Who was the best friend that got that girl so riled up for her to punch him?

Was it someone that he slept with and dropped?

Samuel cringed at the thought of his immature ways years back. If he could turn back the clock, he would change so many things about himself, first starting with how he treated Ashley. But he can't. So now all he can do, is try to make himself become a better man.