Chapter 16

Told you I'd have it out soon. ;) 

Enjoy it my lovelies! 

.

.

.

Chapter 16

"Ashley come on. Don't be mad about this." Dante said, putting his hand on her shoulders. "I swear, I didn't know she was going to do that."

Ashley shrugged his hand off and turned around. 

Dante sighed, "Now will you just let me exp-" 

She slapped him across his face. "How dare say that to me? You pulled away from her, smiled, and resumed your little show?" She clenched her fist and shook her head, chuckling emotionlessly. "How stupid do you think I am?"

Dante held his cheek and glared at her. "Will you just listen to me for once? Let me explain myself."

She chuckled again and sat down on her couch. "I heard them talking in class today. She told me how you came to her apartment last night, asking for it."

He shook his head violently. He walked over to her and grabbed her wrist. "I didn't do that. You should know I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

She tried to pull her arm back but he held on tighter. She winced as his grip continued to tighten on her arm. "You're hurting me right now."

"Just listen to me then." He released her arm.

"Listen to you about what? Dante we've only been dating for a month." She said, glaring at him. "One month and you already messed up."

"You lasted longer than any girl ever. That means something, Ashley." Dante reassured. He kneeled on the ground and placed his hand on her knees.

She scoffed and pushed his hand away. She felt fear course in her when she saw how irritated he got but covered it up. "That's how you're going to defend yourself?" She laughed. "Wow. I feel so special."

Dante groaned and brushed his hand through his hair. "Please. Just let me explain." he begged her.

She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back against the couch. "Enlighten me with your story."

He inhaled. "Listen, she grabbed me and kissed me. It had been dark and I thought she was you. I mean, she kissed like you—"

"That's not an excuse."

He sighed and nodded his head. "I know but I had too much to drink. I wasn't thinking straight." He looked up at her. "Do you forgive me?"

She sighed and grabbed his hand. "Can you just give me time right now. I don't know." With that she released his hand and looked to the side. 

He sighed and seconds later, the door closed. 

She released a breath that she didn't know she was holding and got up from the couch. She walked over to her window and saw him walking down the stairs.

Her heart tugged in her chest. 

It seemed unreal at what had happened. 

She didn't know what to think about them anymore. 

It doesn't seem like Dante's ready to give up his lifestyle. He seemed like he isn't as committed as he claimed he was.

.