Chapter 24

Hi guys! So here's another chapter. That's two days in a roll already guys. Let's see if I can keep this up. This book is going to start moving faster because I just want to be finished with it already.

Anyways I need a favor. If you guys know how to make a cover and can make me want for "Only a Surrogate" that would be fantastic. I want to be able to start that book soon but I need a cover for it first and I'm bad at making covers. So if you can please make me a cover. Send it to my email at Ambyluvsz@gmail.com. Thank you!

Anyways with that being said, enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 24

Dante stared back at the doctor, hate brewing inside of him. The presence of this man never failed to annoy him. It brought forth the painful thought of Ashley moving on with this man instead of coming back to him.

He knew he shouldn't be blaming Alessio but he does. Because Alessio is the only thing standing in between him and his happiness with Ashley. Ashley is not a problem. She will grow to love him again and her family will grow to accept her decision.

"I have nothing to say to you." Dante spoke, walking towards the door. All he wanted was talk to someone who could tell him about Ashley and he knew for a fact that Alessio was not that kind of person.

Alessio put a hand on his chest and pushed him back onto the chair. He stood over Dante, glaring down at him. "You may have nothing but my friend and I have a lot to say to you."

"Friend?"

Just as Dante said it, the door opened. In walked in the man who Dante knew would not let him off easily. He smirked. "Did you start without me?"

Alessio shook his head and walked over to his desk. He leaned up against it and crossed his arms over his chest. "Close the door, will you?"

Samuel chuckled with no humor. He closed the door and walked over to Alessio, leaning next to him. Samuel looked at Dante.

Fear crept into his body. He didn't know why but he knew these two men could destroy him and everything he has ever worked for. He didn't want to but these two men scared him. But he stood his ground because he knew he had to get through them before getting to Ashley.

"Now you see here, Dante." Samuel started, dragging the words out. "You have to understand, we didn't want to do this."

Dante's eyebrows furrowed. "Do what?"

"Be in the same room as you." Alessio said. "If I had a choice, I'd just send a bullet straight through your head and be done with it."

Dante froze at how casually Alessio said it. He said it as if he would not regret his decision and would feel no remorse. He said it as if he had done it before. What type of men were Ashley getting herself into.

"We want you to understand," Samuel walked around the desk and pulled out a file. "How many times Ashley have found her way into this hospital over the last five months that she has been here."

He threw the file onto Dante's lap. "Read it." he hissed out.

Dante gulped at what he could possibly find in the file. He knew anything in there could range from good to chaos. With shaking hands, he opened up the file and stared at the first page. Ashley's smiling face stared back at him.

But she wasn't really smiling. There was no light in her eyes. Her smile did not show the crease around her lips. She was smiling but wasn't. At least, it wasn't the smile that he came to know and love.

"Read it." Alessio demanded.

Dante shot a glare his way. "I will." He turned the page and he frowned when he saw the date. It was dated a full month after their divorce. She had fainted while shopping for baby clothes. Her father's bodyguards caught her before she could hit the ground.