17 • Ophiuchus

"Uzui-san, you're a shinobi, right?" Inori made sure to swing her legs more than necessary as she kept up with the Sound Pillar. She had been on her way back from the Rengoku Estate when she encountered him, and she wanted to ask him something.

"Why?" He asked back, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

"Hm? Nothing much," Inori answered with a playful grin. "Just that I want to ask you to teach me how to sneak up on someone, particularly Iguro-san."

Tengen looked back at her like she had just grown two heads. "You just became a demon slayer, and you're already bullying your seniors. What makes you think I will accept your request?"

"It's not bullying actually." Inori shrugged. "I've been studying Moon Breathing and I have this really great idea for my thirteenth form. You know the constellation Ophiuchus? The serpent bearer?" Tengen shook his head. "Right, okay. Anyways, I was planning on combining Moon Breathing and Serpent Breathing to create this form. If it's a combination, it should be possible for me. But the thing is, I don't understand how Serpent Breathing works and I really need Iguro-san to teach me."

"So? Why don't you ask him directly? And aren't you just planning on using twelve constellations? Kocho said so." Tengen walked faster, but Inori easily kept up with him, shocking considering their comical height difference.

"Change of plans, I'm using thirteen constellations and one final form. And do you really think Iguro-san is the type to just accept students? I have to at least prove myself by sneaking up on him, right?" Inori asked rhetorically.

"And aren't you curious, Uzui-san?" Inori moved to stand in front of him, placing a hand over her chest as she smiled knowingly. "You haven't sparred against someone who has mastered multiple breathing styles, right?"

Tengen rubbed his chin in thought. True, he really wanted to see her so-called skills as a multiple breath user. Seeing Obanai get pranked for once would also be a good bonus. Besides, at the end of the day, it wouldn't hurt if one of them grew stronger. It was a win for the humans either way.

"Well, kid, looks like you're staying over at my flamboyant place while I flamboyantly teach you the art of sneaking flamboyantly." Tengen considered the beaming smile he received as another bonus.

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"Tengen-sama! Who is this? She's so cute!" Suma hugged Inori, squishing their cheeks together as she squealed.

"Shut up! Don't hog her!" Makio slapped Suma on the back of her head. Hinatsuru, being the most rational of the lot, led Inori away from a bawling Suma, a grumbling Makio, and a bored Tengen.

"I didn't know he had a wife, or three for that matter. Must be rough," Inori commented with no malice.

"It's not that bad." Hinatsuru laughed as she prepared tea. "Anyways, Tengen-sama already told us that you want to learn how to prank Iguro-sama, and that you'll be staying here. Please, make yourself at home. We don't often have visitors."

"Is that really how he phrased it?" Inori raised an amused eyebrow. "I want to learn how to sneak around. And maybe increase my speed too, I still can't rival Uzui-san."

"Well, he is a shinobi. I heard that you know how to use multiple breathing styles. Do you think you can master Tengen-sama's Sound Breathing?"

Inori shook her head, laughing sheepishly. "I haven't seen it, but judging from his weapons, Sound Breathing uses a lot of brute strength. I'm lacking in that department, so I doubt I can master it."

"I see, but it's good that you know your weaknesses and counter them with your strengths."

Their peaceful moment was interrupted by Tengen who suddenly picked her up by the back of her collar again, this time making sure to dangle her as far away from him as possible.