Emotions | Angst/Fluff

It was late. Super late, I knew because my phone wouldn't stop vibrating, my parents were calling me worried. I never answered. I was focused on the sunset in front of me.

It's been 2 weeks and I just can't seem to find my place. My parents told me it was paradise on earth, that I'll have friends. But... in Figure 8, nobody's interesting. There're weird, always partying, doing drugs, bullying those from the Cut. I don't like that, I don't understand. So, I distanced myself. The only person, I'm still talking with is Kiara, and sometimes Sarah.

I flinched feeling the floor crack. Someone was there and, by the small sigh that escaped his lips, he didn't expected someone to be up there too.

The lighthouse wasn't really that famous for its view but more for the challenge it was to climb to the top. I didn't move, and after some time I felt his weight on my left sitting on the edge like I was.

"What are you doing here?! Tourons don't usually know this place...", I ignored him still looking at the sea. After a long silence, I heard a silent sob and decided to look at him.

There he was, dirty blond hair and his tan skin. I noticed a large bruise on his jaw as he dried his tears with the sleeve of his hoodie.

"Yeah. I know, it looks bad.", he sadly smirk. "I was going to say that I loved your hair cut but... ok I guess.", I chuckled. His eyes looked totally empty, glossy with the tears and he was struggling to fake a smile.

"You look broken.", his eyes widened. I didn't answer, just looking in my eyes. "Not gonna lie, I came here to jump. I was tired but you were there so...", I hugged him, not really knowing why.

"By the way, I'm Y/N, here for you whenever you need.", he chuckled letting go of my embrace. "JJ, Nice to meet you... evne in those circumstance. Hope will be good friends."

In matters of days, I learnt a lot about JJ, about his father, about his friends, his depression, his vices and his secrets.

At first I thought everyone knew. The first time he invited me to the Chateau to meet the Pogues, I was chocked. From the day I met him, he always was calm, gloomy and shy. He didn't like to talk to much, the only things he truly like was cuddles. But at the moment he stepped out of the van, he screamed his lungs out running to the door with the biggest fake slime I had ever seen.

All his friends, welcomed us. I already knew Kiara and John B and Pope were chill so there wasn't any problem. It just... this game of hide and seek he is playing all day long most be exhausted.

The way he forced his smile at all time, the way he blocked his emotions at all price, the way he always waited for everyone to be swimming to change and join us so anyone would notice his arms were covered in scars. Everything, all those efforts for what?? Protecting them... .

JJ just made me promise to not say a word, he never justified his choice to hide it from everyone, he never explained.

I really need to calm down, I'm over the speed limits. I'm freaking out for real.

JJ called me, crying, he was asking for me and I couldn't resist. I jumped in my car to the Cut, leaving Figure 8 behind me. I was worried, he never called me. We usually met with the others and he discreetly asked to meet  later in the day. It just didn't seem right.

I felt sick thinking about what I was going to discover. I parked, escalating the wall of his house and violently slamming the window open. To my surprise, he wasn't there. But I knew exactly where he was.

I sat next the bathroom door, not even trying to open it knowing it was closed. "Hey, cutie. I'm here.", I waited for an answer but I never had one. "Can you open the door??", no answer again.

"Hey, don't ignore me. Open the door, please. I won't get mad. I promise, okay.", I waited again for a few minutes before hearing the lock open. I slowly open the door, sighing at the scene I was witnessing.

"We talked about that, handsome...", I took his arm, him still looking at his foot. "Hey, is the floor prettier than I am??", he looked up, tears in his eyes. "No-no, of course not."

I cleaned his wounds and laid him down on his bed. I took off my pair of jeans and jumped in with him. He cuddled up in my embrace and drew letter on my left tigh.

"Can I tell you something" , I asked. He flinched, not expecting me to speak. He hummed. "I think I'm in love with you.", he immediately froze. I smiled when he looked up. "For-for real??", I nodded observing his now tainted chews. "Even if I'm useless and weak? Even though I'm annoying and never listening to you?"

I grabbed his chin for him to lock eyes with me. "First, you are not like that. Second, even if you were, I'll still love you okay??", I saw a real smile on his face. "Do you allow me to love you sweet pea??", he simply nodded, hiding his red face in the crock of my neck.

"Can I love you back??", I exploded in laughter. "Of course you can, dove."After some time playing with my fingers and hairs, I heard a shaky breath escaped his lips,"Can I kiss you?", I smiled before smashing my lips on his.

I couldn't resist his cute, cheeks and pink little lips. Even with the bags under his eyes due to his lack of sleep, he was still heresistibable.

I waited for him to fall asleep to close my eyes and dived in a peaceful sleep.