He's Not Stable | Angst

"Hey Rafe? Psst!", a sweet voice whispered from behind the boys window. But even if he wanted to, the boy couldn't move for his current position - sat at the end of his bed.

"I'm coming in, okay?", and has she just stated, the boy heard his windows quietly opened and footsteps approaching his side. Rafe was quick at wiping his tears harshly before the figure appeared before him.

"Hey," - he felt a hand on his chin forcing him to look up - "talk to me buds.", he sighed looking everywhere other then her eyes and searching for any distraction for his thoughts.

"Shouldn't you be taking care of Sarah?", the hands on his face slowly wiped his red eyes and stroked his cheeks. "You know she's in good care.", her voice had drastically relaxed now witnessing the weakness of the boy before her.

"There's Wheezie next doors if you'd lik-", he was cut of by her sitting on his lap, securely locking her arms around his neck as he did around her waist. She let the boy slowly crumbled in sobs in her embrace.

He awkwardly tried to back off and dried his face again. "Man up Rafe, man up!", she shushed him quickly helping him back into her chest. "How many times did I told you that THAT was bullshit? You are allowed to feel. You lost your father, crying now is totally understandable.", his sobs increased and became more and more desparate as her cold hands brushed his hair delicately.

Hours later, the two were laying down in Rafe's bed, the boy curled up in her warthm in his most fragile state. "I know you're content with his death.", she was quick to nod with a small smile at Rafe's affirmation. "But that doesn't mean that it's any less painful for you, I'll stay with you during your grief. Despite all the pain he might have caused you and how much I hate him for it, I'll be by your side.", she explained as the boy nodded slowly.

"Stop peeking at your fingers. Someday you'll bit the bones.", he rolled his eyes annoyed that the girl was, indeed, right before shutting his gaze to the left to the rumbling of an engine. A thick 'shit' escaped Rafe's lips, spotting Topper's car, we both sighed and the dit boy got out of his car hurriedly.

"Hey, Rafe. Don't worry, I'm just here to catch Sarah.", he announced walking to the front door but before he could past Rafe, he let him know a piece of his mind, "Sarah's not here, go. Go chase her somewhere else."

Second later, without her realizing, the conversation got pretty intense. "How would I know where my sister is, huh?", she stood up witnessing the oh so calm reaction of Rafe to Topper's questioning. "Really? Were you to coke out to remember the fact that you were drowning your sister?", at the second Rafe was up, her frale body was right in between the males.

"Okay Top, it was so nice having you around and all but I think this is your queue to leave.", her eyes were cold, already sensing Rafe's behavior changing. Confrontation with reality wasn't cut off for Rafe's actual mental state. "Y/N, you-you shouldn't stay with him.", the boy made a gesture to grab the girl's arm but she stepped back to crash into Rafe's chest.

"Don't touch her you fucker! ", she was quick to grab Rafe's hand before it was too late and managed to ease his fury. There was a minute a silent tension, while Y/N had to keep Rafe undercontrol, minute that seem longer than it should. Turning back to Topper, she met the boy and his eyes fixated on Rafe exposed forearms. His eyes were wide in shock by the scared tissues and straight cut. He took some time to shook his head before looking back at the girl.

"Y/N, he is dangerous. You can-", she looked up to read Rafe infuring eyes before cutting the boy while taking a step back to add distance between the two males. "I feel like you are the one making the situation dangerous right now, so go. Sarah's probably somewhere in the Cut. Say, hi to the Pogues for me.", she exclaimed calmly, to focus on behaving Rafe's mood.

"You're right anyway, don't come to me if the psyco kills you in your sleep.", at that exact moment, the girl clashed the door shut, shielding it with her own body. When the car, disappeared too far for Rafe's gaze to catch, he started pacing.

"I-I didn't drown her. Sarah was-she provoked me. You know, right?", he started rumbling furiously. His OCD rushed in, has he started grasping at his hair and moving his hands around mechanically, has he always do when he's trying to believe his own lies.

"Rafe, we already talk about it. You did drown your sister. It's a fact, this is what happened.", he turned to her already losing it. That's what happened when you force Rafe to face the truth so brutally. "She-she, it was for dad. I-I did it for the family.", the girl sighed internally in relief, at least his anger soothed down.

She was about to answer, but he already caught her reasoning. "I know, I know. I don't own him shit. You-you always say that I don't own my father shit but- I just have to prove him that I'm worth something okay. You understand?", the girl before him nodded eagerly and gently put her hand on his cheeks. "I didn't mean to, she was just in front of me a minute and under water the other." He shut down when she finally kissed his forehead soothing him with wave of warmth.

"What's going on?", Wheezie busted in the main hallway, taking her headphones off. Before Rafe could harshly send his sister away, Y/N face the small girl, "It's fine sweetheart. Rafe and I are just exhausted. You're gonna take a nap." Rafe grabbed her hand and slowly took her to the stairs, trying his best to keep his OCD in check. Before they could disappear, Y/N turned the way of the dumbfounded small frame at the end of the stairs, "I'm always here to talk if you need Wheezie, okay?" and to that the small girl nodded, putting her headphone back on.