BLOODY ISLAND | Angst/Fluff

The sun was lightly warming me up as the wind was chiller than normal. It just felt right for once in my life. I left that island a year ago and I couldn't be happier. No more gossip, no more toxic parenting, no more abusing sisters, no more pain. Just me and school. That was until something would come up again of course and when my phone buzzed and I saw Ward's number, I knew it was the end of my little paradise.

'Hello Y/N, how are you doing buttercup?', his nicknames always gave me the chill. I wanted this call over.

'Listen, it' s nice of you Mr Cameron to take news but you never did in a year. What is it that you want from me?', my voice was the same as usual, sweet and respectful which surprised him. There was a pause and a sigh and before I knew it, he filled me up with the news, not leaving out any details. His son, my childhood friend is a murderer. Surprisingly, it didn' t shock me that much. Ward never took action on Rafe's mental health. It was always obvious something was wrong with him. There was the staring, the muttering under his breath, the violence, that need to please his dad and that toxic masculinity. It was always wrong.

'Listen, you live alone now and on the mainland. I need you hide him for a month or two, just enough for our family to fall back on our feet.' No he didn't, he didn't just ask me permission to abandon his son to me. He did not. 'I can't help him anymore sweetheart, I need your help here.' Again, disgusting goosebumps appeared on my neck.

'Okay I'll do it. Just don't call me again sir.'

My passenger's door opened and was slammed shut and I welcomed my guest with silence and a hard stare. I drove away and decided I was hungry.

'I would like two Happy Meals with potatoes and Nuggets for both.', I paid and drove home. The ride was still deadly silence, I stopped at a red light and decided I had enough.

'Hello to you too Rafe. It's nice to see you after so long. How are you doing since we' re going the spend the following 3 months together it will be nice to know!', he flinched. He looked back at me for the first time in a year and I physically gulped. He built up his shell again, it saddened my soul that I knew nothing about his past year and that I couldn' t help. He smirked seeing my surprise gaze. 'Yeah I know, scary right?', he seemed amused with my reaction.

I was brought back to reality by an honks and I was quick to lock my car and drove away as Rafe was already aggressively trying to get out. 'Nope, not happening. You won't throw your shit into my life. We already talk about this like a million times. Knocking the shit out of that man isn't going to solve anything. You are wanted in the Bahamas for fuck sake Rafe! Think for a second!', I stopped out of breath.

'You hate me, right?', I sighed parking in my carport. 'And why would I hate you Rafe? Why do you think I'll hate you.' He chuckled nervously. 'Oh I don't know, maybe because that day while you were being rape by my father, I was having fun with your sister, dite sister who drugged and offered you to my father. Then you left and I didn't even text you and now I'm a muderer.', I hummed with a smile on my face. I got out of my car, keys in hand quickly followed by Rafe. 'I hear you, you have tough arguments young man but I'm not the type to hold a grudge. I do though hate having to listen to your father's voice for more than a minute when you could have call and ask me.'

'Hey, where's my key!? RAFE!!', I heard a grunt from up the stairs and soon heavy steps slowing progressing to me. 'What?', I threw an apple to his face. 'Where are my keys I gotta go to the groceries store?' It's been 5 months and no news from the Outer Banks for now but we didn't mind. We were in our own little world, we spent our time in my house and Rafe helped me out with my schoolwork. It was like back in time when there was no problem at all. I still had to deal with Rafe moody behavior but since I forced a psychologist on him, it's slowly working out. The dite psychologist turned us to a professional psychiatrist and Rafe now had pills and strong talking session once a week.

JJ | Rafe - Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें