Sign | Angst/Fluff

There was an heavy silence enveloping the basement while my incessant gurgling could be heard. I lazily looked down and curled under the big old duvet.

A shiver went through my back as I tried to ignore how cold I felt. My belly was roaring for food as I looked at the empty jar on the nightstand.

I waited for so long that it seems like he completely forget about me. I loudly sobbed trying to catch the attention of the man upstairs, his dad.

I hated myself for being born that way. I couldn't yell or ask for help, I couldn't speak as well. I couldn't move because of the heavy collar and chains I had around my neck.

I was meant to wait for him to return.

A few hours later, I heard the door slammed and loud footsteps approaching the basement's door. A dirty blond hair ran down the stairs, and gazed at the bed I was in.

"Oh My God. I'm so, so sorry about that dove. I-I was at the police station for some time, I-I couldn't do anything. I'm sorry.", he cupped my cheeks with his hands and planted a quick kiss on my lips.

"Food, please. I'm hungry.", he quickly opened his bag, taking out a grocery bag. "There princess, I bought two of your favorite salad and ice cream.", he looked up at me, "-and a bag of your vinegar chips."

I ripped off the bag of chips and tore it apart filling my all mouth with some. "Listen, I'm really, really sorry. I promise it won't happen again. Ever. Do you forgive me?? Please forgive me princess. I really am sorry."

I took a deep breath, "I can't forgive you. You kidnapped me, me, your sister's bestfriends. And now you want me to forgive you for leaving for 3 days. I couldn't eat or drink for 3 days. JJ, I couldn't even scream for help, I'm mute. Don't you understand?? Let me go."

He looked down at the sheet as I continued signing my anger out."I can't. I can't let you go. Princess, I can't bare looking at you talking to a human being for 2 seconds without getting jealous. You have to stay here. I love you, you're mine."

I felt so helpless that the only reaction I had, was to hide under the duvet taking the food with me. I heard him sigh and then gently lift the duvet and curled up next to me.

"I know you love me. And I'm sad seeing you like that but... I can't live knowing other men will be around or could hurt you. It hurts everytime John B hangs up poster of you in town. He's looking for you, the police as well."

"Then why are you keeping me here?? I can't stay here forever. I need to go out. Love is not about kidnapping the one we love, it's about trust and freedom.", he started to cry as I gently dried his tears. "Plus, it's freezing in here.", he smiled for a second before kissing you passionatly.

After a few minutes, he grabbed your waist and lifted your chin. "I'm sorry but... it's-it's easier that way. I-I promise it won't happen again. Can you forgive me?? Please... .", I turned around, diving my face in the sheets silently crying.

I felt his hands gently slide around my waist and his torso brush on my back. "I'm sorry for loving you. You shouldn't be enduring that. You don't deserve it. It's just that... it's too late now. Can you forgive me??"

I turned around and cuddled up in his arms, using his warmth to warm me up. He asked again as I ignored him. And he finally decided to face me. "I forgive you but... I still hate you for all of that.", he sadly smiled not completely happy with my answer.