Babyboy | Fluff

"You follow me and you don't ask questions, okay?", Rafe nodded to the blond Pogue he hated so much. He was welcomed in the Twinkies under a cold glare and he let JJ drive him away.

"She's a good friend so you disrespect her, you can kiss your way out of the island goodbye.", Rafe frowned. He'll find another way out anyway. Nothing could stop him at this point, he had find a way to make the pogues help him so... .

They entered a property delimited by old broken and rusty fence. It reminded Rafe of Barry's place. They approached a big trailer and a sort of small shed from which was exceeding an old car.

Rafe followed JJ out and they walked behind the trailer where Rafe saw 5 cars parked in line. One had two legs exceeding from. "Hey Barbie.", Rafe heard a loud laugh from the person under the car that was slowly standing up. "What is it you have there, you stupid asshole?"

She approached them and Rafe could have a better look. She was a Pogue, obviously. Pretty fine and short. Deep black hair, pure grey eyes. Dressed in a brown construction overalls and only a bikini top. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun, and while walking their way she was cleaning her hand from grease and engine's oil with an old tee-shirt.

"I'm actually surprised. You're a meter away from a Kook and you're still not punching the hell out of him.", she turned to Rafe. "You lost babyboy?" The nickname took Rafe by surprise and he immediately blushed a deep red. "He's cute. What's your name sweetheart?" the avalanche of nicknames made it impossible for Rafe to find his words.

"Speak for yourself boy! I'm not able to read minds.", Rafe took a deep breath and looked down. "I'm Rafe Cameron." The girl before him smirked. "Wow, pretty boy's not any Kook." She sat down on a plastic chair right next to JJ who had already sat down with a beer in hands.

"So what do you want from me doll face?", Rafe couldn't even open his mouth that JJ had answer the question. "Did I ask you blond fucker? I don't think so.", JJ flipped her the bird before going back to his beer. Y/N, cause that was her name, turned back to Rafe. Her eyes staring right back to his soul.

"I need to leave the island without being noticed by anyone. And when I say anyone, I mean anyone.", the girl chuckled. "What is there to win for me?", Rafe was feeling generous for some reason. Maybe it was the nicknames or the ordering around, he didn't know. "Name your price.", JJ hissed. "You'll get fleeced in no time Kook." But before the boy could elaborate, the girl hushed him.

"I'll discuss the matter with you on another time. You'll stay at mine from now.", she turned to the blond boy on her right. He looked back and after a few minutes of confused staring the girl sighed. "It's your queue to leave dumbass. For real, you're so stupid.''

Now it was dark, Rafe was scrolling on his phone comfortable on the couch. The trailer was a lot more neat then he thought, Barry's one being incomparable. He soon heard the door open and in walked Y/N. She had grease on her face and all over her clothes. She sighed seeing the boy doing nothing and got in the bathroom. Quickly Rafe heard the water of her shower.

"Do the dishes for me, baby boy. I'll order pizzas." Rafe frown. "I am not doing that. I'm not your dog.", she sighed and took Rafe by surprise, snatching the boy by his collar. "Was it a question? Or are you just trying to be bratty?", Rafe was livid, he's pulse was out of control for some reason and he couldn't break the eyes contact she was imposing him. Looking down, he watched as the girl smirked. "Will you be an angel and do the dishes for me princess?", Rafe nodded immediately, without even thinking. "That's my good boy. I'm really proud of you." she murmured before patting his head and walking to the table where her cellphone was waiting. Rafe turned to the sink, his back facing Y/N, to hide the blush on his cheeks. He had to breath for a long minute to calm his heartbeat.

"What do you prefer extra-cheesy or pepperoni?", Rafe turned her way, his hands in the sink. "Let's say both!"
"Huh, huh. Rule number 1 with pizza : Not to much condiments.", Rafe rolled his eyes. "Pepperoni than", he said with his hand in the water. It has been years since he last did the dishes. "You're doing good.", praising again. Rafe didn't know if his reaction was because he hated it or loved it in a way. She was bossy and dominant, she wasn't impress by him like people usually was. Even by his side, she didn't care. He wasn't use to people being like that, the only one who could boss him around was his father. And he was sure he didn't like it.

"Pizza time." Rafe squatted down, sitting on the floor while she was in the couch. "Be careful not to drop anything on the floor." Rafe scoffed, "I'm not a child, quit telling me what to do" Her only answer was a slap on the back of his head. And for the first time, he didn't feel humiliated or making fun at. He felt taken care of, it was all new to him.

The next morning, Rafe was mesmerized by the old cartoon on the TV while Y/N was cleaning the living room. That peaceful time was thrown by the window when they heard tires brake on gravel right in front of the trailer. Rafe stood up but was stop by Y/N who discreetly check what was happening. She pulled Rafe to her bedroom and open a cache in her wall. "Who's outside?", "Nothing to worry about princess. I'll take care of it while you stay here and wait silently, okay?" Rafe nodded and Y/N was quick to hide the opening.

Rafe could hear everything which meant that everyone could hear him. He curled up in a corner and made sure not to move an inch. He quickly heard knocks and the door being opened. "Hello Shoupe, how are you doing?", the name alone made Rafe gulped. "Pretty good Y/N.", "Get in, don't be shy. Coffee?" The sudden weight in the living room made Rafe tighten his grip on his polo. "What are you doing around here? It's been a while.", Y/N seemed perfectly at ease, like she knew the deputy since way back. "Looking for someone in the area, thought I'd stop and say hi.", "Oh, you're looking for that Pogues, the Routledge boy right?" Rafe tried his best to keep it cool, how could she be so calm. "Nope, he was innocent in the end. We're looking for Ward's son, Rafe Cameron."

Their discussion went on for a long ten minutes, until the deputy excused himself. "Just before I go, you wouldn't happen to have seen that boy at Barry's? Cause we searched the place, but nothing.", Y/N chuckled. "Sorry Shoupe, but I don't even know what that Cameron boy looks like so, aren't gonna help." Rafe heard Shoupe sighed before moving forward to the doors. "You take care of yourself Y/N.", and before Rafe knew it, Shoupe's patrol cars was at the other end of the street. That's when, without explanation, Rafe's heart started to get carried away. The boy breathing went way out of hands and he couldn't move.

All of a sudden, lights hit his face and he saw Y/N silhouette standing in front of him. He tried to man up and stand up but nothing happened, he was frozen. "Hey, you okay dollface?" Y/N squatted down to him, rubbing harshly the top of his hair. "Take your time, it's okay. You're safe here.", Rafe felt like his heart was racing, he didn't understand what it was, but the harsh pat made his head better and calmed him down. "Don't cry babyboy, you're fine. He left, it's just you and me now.", Rafe suddenly got control of his body, refusing to cry. "I-I'm fine.", Y/N chuckled. "Someone's not use of being handled, I see.", she stood up careful walking back to the living room. "You can join me when you're ready pretty boy."

It felt weird for Rafe to finally leave the island. he spent two weeks waiting in a trailer, discovered a few things about his personality living with Y/N. It wasn't always a piece of cake but he was proud to say that he finally had a friend, a friend that he, for once, was sure wasn't going to betray him. "What are you looking at princess?", Rafe turned back, facing Y/N at the other side of the deck. "Just the island, it's weird finally escaping." Y/N nodded and joined him. "I'm still asking myself why I agree to come with you for sometimes. I really had to be bored.", Rafe chuckled, "That's cause you love me too much." The sentence alone made a smile appear on Y/N's face. "Love is a big word, be careful dollface." Rafe immediately blushed, "Still not use to your pretty nicknames."

Rafe didn't really know still why he reacted like a teenager to her but it now knew he liked it.