64 • For Forever

It felt weird to conduct a Pillar Meeting without Tengen making his usual jabs about her height or eyebags, but Inori took comfort in knowing that his absence was due to retirement and not death.

"Aah, I envy him." Sanemi sighed. "Why can't I fight an upper moon? I'm literally hunting Upper Moon One here, but the bastard's nowhere to be found."

"You don't even fight lower moons every month, so it's not like you can just meet an upper moon on the streets," Obanai replied. "That aside, we have even more important things to address. Did you find something new, Hoshizora? Tokito?"

Iguro-san, Shinazugawa-san, you two look so cool as always. Mitsuri held in her squeals, turning to face another way just to let out more imaginary hearts. Inori-chan and Muichiro-kun came in together. How cute. Inori-chan, you look cuter now that you're not so tired anymore. How lovely.

"Nothing new that we haven't told you." Inori brushed her bangs out of her eyes. "Well, I do have someone I'm very suspicious of, but considering I hate him, I can't really guarantee my suspicions aren't biased."

"It's unusual for you to hate someone so much," Shinobu commented. "But yes, we shouldn't immediately blame someone without proper evidence. However, regarding our assumptions about the traitor using Thunder Breathing user, we have basically confirmed it with our recent reports, so I hope that narrows it down."

"Still, it's useless to know who it is without catching them!" Kyojuro clenched his fists with a dark smile on his face. "To think someone would betray their comrades whom they shed blood and tears with. It's utterly revolting. Unforgivable."

"Indeed, it is." Tears fell from Gyomei's eyes, his beads rattling together from the amount of strength he used. "If we find the traitor, kill first, interrogate later, or never. Humans, demon slayers at that, whoever sides with the demons are our enemy, and we will treat them as such."

Rengoku-san, Himejima-san, it's cool how you can look so intimidating so effortlessly. Mitsuri turned her head as the door opened, revealing Kagaya who was being supported by Amane and Kiriya. Oyakata-sama, you look wonderful as always. Should I greet him? I never had the chance to greet him. I want to greet him.

"We find it extremely fortunate to see you again, Oyakata-sama." Mitsuri's intention flew out of the window as Sanemi led the greeting. "We hope you will continuously be blessed with unmeasurable health and happiness."

"Thank you, Sanemi." It pained the pillars to see Kagaya coughing harshly just from the slightest movement, but the master merely smiled, serene as always. "I'm glad to see you gathered here again. Now, let us begin the meeting."

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚☆.。.☆.。.:*☆ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

"What's up, kid? Other guys?" Tengen, who got permission from Kagaya to do this, suddenly popped out of nowhere in front of her, surprising the pillars who were just about to leave. He hauled Inori onto his shoulder, running off again before anyone could say a word, following Nijimaru. "Well, I'm off to have a flamboyant meal with my flamboyant wives now! Bye!"

"What the fuck just happened?" Sanemi asked after a beat of silence.

"I don't think you should be surprised at this point," Obanai replied.

Meanwhile, Inori was trying to kick Tengen's face in. The former pillar was quick to dangle her by her legs. "Oi, don't kick me! And here I am, being a generous person by buying you all the desserts you want."

Inori stopped her half-hearted struggles at that, her eyes practically shining. "What's the occasion? Are you celebrating your one-month anniversary of defeating Upper Moon Six?"