one.

CHAPTER ONE
deranged monster

Royalty

"So the next CEO of Empire Entertainment is going to be...Royalty."

And Royalty was heard was, "Royalty?!"

Her brothers snapped their heads onto her at the same time, and her eyes darted between them frantically. She was in just as much shock as they were. Why the hell did Lucious pick her?

"Yes, Royalty. And...Cookie," Lucious said.

Cookie was shocked. "Me?"

"Yes. The both of you are going to be CEO."

Ro was puzzled. "But how? I thought there was only one CEO?"

"You're going to be Co-CEO's."

Cookie looked happy about that, but Royalty wasn't. She didn't want this responsibility. She never did.

"Can we all be Co-CEO's?!" Hakeem asked.

"No. It's a two people job."

That made Hakeem suck his teeth and slouch in his chair. "This some bullshit."

Ro agreed. "Dad, I appreciate this decision, but I don't want to be CEO! I never did!"

"Then who should I give it to?"

"Andre! He's the businessman!"

Hakeem didn't like that at all. "Yo, you deadass? I'm Pop's favorite son, so it should be me! Unless that was a lie?"

Jamal chimed in. "Oh, fuck that. I've dealt with dad's torture since I was five. The least he can do is give me the company."

"You ain't getting shit talking to me like that," Lucious yelled. "Actually, none of you are getting shit. Royalty and Cookie are going to be Co-CEO's, and that's final."

Andre made his opinion clear. "I don't mind Ma being CEO, but come on, Pop. Ro didn't want anything to do with Empire until recently. She doesn't deserve it."

"And you think you do, after you sabotaged this family?" Lucious retorted. They all exchanged a confused look while Andre looked alarmed.

"Sabotaged? What the hell are you talking about?" Cookie questioned.

"Why do you think Jamal and Hakeem had beef? Because Andre instigated it. Ain't that right, Andre?" Andre swallowed hard. Lucious continued. "Yeah. I know about that, son."

"How?"

"Rhonda told me everything. She told me you wanted the advantage in this competition so badly that you were willing to tear this family apart. And you did."

Cookie couldn't believe her ears. "Is that true, Andre?"

"Yes, but Rhonda isn't innocent either. She's the one who gave me the idea!"

Lucious knew that. "I know. She told me that too. I'm angry with you both."

Jamal furrowed his eyebrows while processing everything. "Hold on. You're telling me my life was almost ruined because of you wanting to be CEO?"

Andre frowned. "I'm sorry, Jamal."

"Fuck your sorry! You told me Hakeem was talking shit about my sexuality, and that was probably a lie!"

Hakeem's ears perked up. "Hold on. You were the one lying on my name all along?" He laughed angrily. "Wooooow. I knew you were a snake!"

"So it was a lie?" Jamal said.