twenty five.

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
fatal mistake

Andre

next day

Andre sat on the couch with his hands clasped together because Rhonda had just called to tell him that she was coming over to get her belongings. Andre had laughed after she said that because she really thought she was going somewhere. They were never getting divorced. She didn't get to up and leave whenever she felt like it. Especially not after the damage she had caused.

Everything that had happened was because of her. Andre had lost his family because of her. On top of that, she had the nerve to get his mother involved? Oh no. Too many lines were being crossed now. So they needed to talk.

Right on cue, Rhonda came in and headed straight for the stairs. Andre shouted after her. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going upstairs to pack my things."

"Or you can stay down here because we need to talk."

Rhonda halted and faced him. "Did you sign the divorce papers?"

"No, and I'm not going to."

"Then you can talk to a judge. Not me." Rhonda walked upstairs.

"Rhonda, come back here!" But of course she didn't listen, so he followed her upstairs. She grabbed her suitcases and stuffed her clothes into them. Andre grabbed the suitcases and threw them on the floor.

Rhonda was ticked off. "What the hell is your problem, Andre?"

"You're not going anywhere, Rhonda. You don't decide when this marriage ends. I do."

Rhonda looked at him in disgust. "Do you hear yourself? You're a controlling lunatic. I don't want a man like that."

"Then why marry me?!"

"Because you were a better man back then, Andre! But now you're unrecognizable, and it hurts to see you losing yourself!"

"You think I'm losing myself now? What is leaving going to do, Rhonda? It's not going to fix me!" he argued.

She knew that. "You're right. It won't fix you, but the professionals-"

"I am not crazy!" Andre roared. "I don't appreciate you trying to get my mother to send me away, too!"

"I didn't tell her that you're bipolar. Lucious did."

"Because of you!" he accused. "You had no business going over to the mansion!"

"Someone needed to serve you the divorce papers."

"Well, I'm not signing them, because how does the vow go? Til death do us part? The only thing that'll end this marriage is death," Andre declared. "You're stuck with me."

"That's exactly why I'm leaving. You might kill me with your crazy ass."

"I'm not crazy, woman!" But Rhonda grabbed her suitcase and left the room, and he followed her. "Rhonda, put that suitcase back where it belongs!"

"It doesn't belong here, Andre!"

"Yes it does! You belong here!"

He grabbed the suitcase, but Rhonda held on to it for dear life. "Get off!"

He refused. "No! You're not going anywhere!"

They started playing tug of war with the suitcase until Andre yanked it hard, making Rhonda let go. Something terrible happened afterwards; Rhonda lost her balance and fell over the stair railing. When she hit the floor, Andre heard her hit her head.