twenty.

CHAPTER TWENTY
outrage

Andre

Andre drove to Empire, feeling proud of himself. Showing Lucious the picture of Blake and that security guard had made Lucious gain some trust in him. He was also doing great at Empire, so Andre didn't think Lucious hated him anymore.

His siblings hated him though, and he didn't know what he could do to make them forgive him. He tried to converse with them and they ignored him. He tried to show them he cared, and they left the room. He'd exhausted all options.

Andre sighed and turned on the radio before he got frustrated. He instantly recognized Jamal's voice. He'd never heard the song before though, so it must be his new song.

Andre turned up the volume and bobbed his head as Jamal sang. He liked the message of the song. Now it was Hakeem's part, and he couldn't wait to see what he had said.

HAKEEM :

See I always stayed down for my bros
Staying loyal should be how it goes
I was riding with them, but then we lost control when we hit some bumps in the road
Ask Andre, bet he knows
He was keeping secrets on the low
All them lies that you told
Thought you kept it real but you don't

Andre's head snapped onto the radio. What the fuck?

HAKEEM :

I knew the whole time that you was a fake one
And then you ain't even wanna say nothing
Just wanna act like a straight punk

Andre stared at the radio in disbelief. Was his baby brother dissing him on his new song? Who did he think he was?! What Andre did was between the Lyons, not the entire world. He was so tired of Hakeem telling the world their business. He did the same thing with Jamal, and for what? Because he wanted an army behind him?

Hakeem's part was nearly over, and now he was dissing both Andre and Rhonda.

HAKEEM :

And I don't rock with either one of you at all
Sick boy, yeah you sick, boy
Lucious let me know, you think you slick, boy

Then he proceeded to call Andre and Rhonda "Weak like a Wednesday." Andre turned the song off and did a U-turn when the light turned green. He was going to Lucious' mansion because Hakeem had him fucked up.

-

"Hakeem!" Andre slammed the door. "Bring your ass here, Hakeem!"

Cookie and Lucious came running. "Andre, calm down, baby!"

"I can't calm down, Ma! He dissed me!"

Hakeem and Jamal came downstairs. "Yeah I did! So what?!"

Andre didn't answer him. He lunged at him, but Cookie and Jamal held him back. "No! You're not fighting your brother!"

But Hakeem was ready. "Na, let him try it, Ma! He's gonna get his ass whooped!" Hakeem started punching the air, demonstrating how he was going to fuck Andre up. Andre fact checked him.

"Oh really? Last time I checked, Jamal beat your ass!"

"You ain't Jamal!"