fifty nine.

CHAPTER FIFTY NINE
partners in crime

Hakeem

It was night time, and they had all just gotten back from the hospital, except for Cookie. She decided to stay for a little longer.

They were there all day, and Royalty was still in a coma. That nurse was starting to lose hope, but they weren't. Ro was gonna wake up. She had to.

Tiana was in Hakeem's bedroom because she slept in there. She was laying down, watching him take off his chains. Then he plopped down on the bed and let out an exasperated breath.

"You okay?"

He shook his head. "I'm not okay, Tiana. That nurse fucked all of our moods up."

"Yeah. I can't believe she said if Ro doesn't wake up soon, you guys are gonna have to pull the plug because it'll be costly if you don't."

Hakeem couldn't believe that bullshit either. "I'm so glad Pop went off on her ass. Did she forget who we are? We're Lyons. Money isn't a problem with us."

"I swear, your family has so many haters. It's insane."

She wasn't lying about that. "Yeah, and one of them just got arrested, but the other one didn't. Blake is still out there doing god knows what. He's always gonna be a free man because he has the cops in his payroll or some shit."

"Okay, calm down."

"No! It pisses me off! Jamal got his justice, but Ro never will!"

Tiana was trying desperately to calm him down. "Let's just talk about something else, okay?"

"Like what?"

"Well, did you know people are shipping me and Jamal?" Tiana laughed and he gave her a dirty look. "Our ship name is Tamale apparently. Which doesn't make sense because-"

"Really, Tiana?"

Tiana looked at him and saw his annoyance. "Sorry. I'm just tryna lighten this dark mood."

"By talking about you dating my brother?"

Tiana chewed on her lip. "Yeah, that was dumb. Never mind."

Hakeem sighed. "No amount of talking in the world is gonna lighten this mood, so I'mma go check on Pop. He's probably still pissed."

"Okay, I'll be here."

Hakeem went to Lucious' room. The lights were off and Lucious was fast asleep. He never slept this early, so his mood must've really been fucked up. Hakeem was about to leave, but Lucious' phone went off. It kept going off, so now Hakeem was curious. He grabbed it and saw it was Thirsty texting him.

Thirsty: Blake is in front of some house right now, sitting on the steps. Do you wanna handle it, or should I?

Hakeem should be waking Lucious up right now, but he wasn't going to because he wanted to be the one to handle Blake. He had shot his sister, and Hakeem wasn't about to let that slide. And Blake used to be his best friend, so this shit was personal.