64 | start getting comfortable

CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
start getting comfortable

Hakeem

next day

The energy at home wasn't the same anymore. All they'd been doing was waiting for the cops to come knocking on the door for Hakeem. He kinda wished they'd hurry up and do it because he couldn't handle the suspense anymore. The waiting game was killing him.

But at the same time, Hakeem was fucking scared to get arrested because he didn't know if Lucious would stay true to his word and get him out. The Lyons were hated, so Hakeem knew those cops would do everything they could to make sure he did a lot of time.

That was why he'd been waking up in cold sweats lately. He kept dreaming about rotting in jail for the rest of his life. And every loud noise he heard, he thought it was the cops coming for him. That was why he was at Empire right now. He had to get in the booth to distract himself and get his feelings out.

He headed to the studios but someone said, "Yo!"

That made Hakeem jump hard. He turned around and saw Gram walking up to him. He chuckled. "Well, damn. What's got you so scared?"

Hakeem wasn't playing nice with him. "Why are you talking to me?"

"Because Blake's dead."

"So?"

"I know you're happy about that," Gram said.

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't. He hurt Ro, he hurt Tiana, so that was his karma," Hakeem said harshly.

Gram laughed and then smirked. "Damn. I guess you are about that life, after all."

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh, don't act stupid. I know you killed Blake."

Hakeem played it cool. "I didn't kill anyone."

Gram didn't believe that at all. "Trust me, I know how people act when they've killed for the first time. So good job. I'm actually impressed."

Hakeem stuck with his lie. "Like I said, I didn't kill anyone."

"Right," Gram matched. "Well, you better hope the cops are as gullible as you think I am. It really doesn't take a genius to put two and two together." Then he patted Hakeem on the back. "See you around, killer."

He left and Hakeem was frozen in place because it was obvious, huh? Which meant he was fucked.

Jamal

Jamal knew Hakeem had came to Empire because he wanted to get away from the mansion, and Jamal couldn't even blame him. The vibes were bad at home. Even at the condo, because Jamal and Warren weren't on the greatest terms right now.

He should've never told Warren about Royalty's vision. It wasn't going to become a reality anyway, because he was done with Mateo. Forever.

Hakeem was probably in the studio, so that was where Jamal went. Hakeem was in the booth rapping.

HAKEEM :

I killed myself a man, but nobody know that
And my brother was there too, dressed in all black