eleven.

CHAPTER ELEVEN
gram's a problem

Hakeem

Hakeem was focused on his phone, making sure that crazy fan didn't say anything else about Jamal. They didn't. There'd been nothing but silence ever since they sent that picture of them stalking Jamal. The silence made Hakeem feel uneasy because he didn't know what they were planning. They could be watching right now for all he know.

"Yo, Hakeem!" Jamal ran up. "I gotta talk to you!"

Hakeem huffed. "I already told you I'm scrapping the lyrics, Jamal."

"It's not about our song. Dad just signed a new artist."

Hakeem kept focusing on his phone. "What's her name?"

"It's a guy. He's a rapper."

His ears perked up now. "A rapper? What's his name?"

"Gram."

"Short for what? Instagram?" Hakeem dissed.

Jamal laughed. "Probably."

"Where is he?"

"I don't know. He was following behind Tiana."

"Tiana?!" Oh hell na. Hakeem was getting ready to find Tiana, but Jamal grabbed him. "Hakeem, chill out. Don't start fighting."

Hakeem fought him off. "Get off me, Jamal! He's after my girl!"

Jamal reassured him. "Trust me, you have nothing to worry about. He's a lame."

"Damn. I just got here and y'all are already pressed?" a random guy said. He was light skin with cornrows.

Hakeem examined him. "You Gram?"

"And you're Hakeem Lyon, everyone's favorite Empire rapper. I don't see you keeping that title for very long."

"Who's gonna take it from me?"

"Me," Gram declared. "And you know, it's kinda funny how y'all are cool now when he had a bounty on your head, Jamal. Do you have amnesia?"

Jamal spoke angrily. "What goes on between Hakeem and I is none of your business."

"It kinda is my business when Hakeem went on Instagram talking shit."

"Why you on my page for?" Hakeem spat.

Gram snorted. "Don't get ahead of yourself, homie. I was never on your page. I don't even follow you. I follow Tiana though."

Hakeem felt his skin getting hot. "She don't follow you."

"Not yet, but once I get a little closer to her, I bet I'll get a follow back."

Hakeem got in his face. "You better stay your ass off my girl's page."

"Aw, are you feeling threatened, like how you were with Blake?"

Hakeem and Jamal exchanged a look because how the fuck did he know about what had went down between him and Blake?

Gram continued. "Yeah, I know about that. You see, Blake and I go way back. We ain't cool no more, but we were. He told me all about your hating ass."

The fuck?

"That diss record y'all made? I know about that too. Does Lucious?" Gram smirked.

Jamal was confused. "Diss record? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Blake and Hakeem recorded a diss record behind Lucious' back when they had beef. Hakeem got absolutely bodied."

That was a lie. "Really? Even Blake agreed that I won."