twenty two.

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
lacking

Jamal

"What's going on with Mateo now?" Tory asked Jamal before she slurped her noodles. He had invited her over to talk, and they ordered Chinese food for dinner. Jamal didn't have to worry about hearing Mateo's mouth because he had ran back to Maddie.

"He's mad at me once again," he told her.

"That's nothing new."

At all. It was the new normal actually. "I really don't believe I did anything wrong. A guy gave me his number and-"

Tory looked alarmed. "A guy?"

"Yeah, but he's not a stranger. He's like a family friend. He works for my dad now."

"Doing what?"

"Protecting us and the mansion," he answered.

Tory joked with him. "Oh wow. You got yourself a little bodyguard."

She elbowed him playfully and he rolled his eyes. "I don't have anything because I haven't saved his number. I'm not eager to talk to him. I'm all about Mateo, and he doesn't understand that."

Tory shrugged. "I mean, I understand where Mateo's coming from for once. You're in a relationship with him, and another dude gave you his number. A dude Mateo doesn't know."

"I didn't want to be rude and say no thanks. Especially when he's so willing to protect my family."

"I understand. Maybe you need to sit down and tell Mateo that."

That was pointless. "That never works. Plus, he already ran back to Maddie."

"You sure he's not fucking Maddie?" Tory asked seriously.

Jamal gave her a weird look. "Why would you say that?"

"Because I find it weird how he's always running to her for comfort."

"He's gay."

"You are too, but look what happened between us."

Jamal laughed because that was true. "No, I trust Mateo. The problem is he doesn't trust me. I don't know what to do."

Tory had an idea. "I know what we could do. We should go clubbing tonight!"

"You want to go to Club Nirvana?"

"I do!" Tory confirmed. "It'll help take your mind off everything. Unless you'd rather get in your bed again."

He laughed dismissively. "Yeah, I'd rather not. So I guess we're going clubbing."

"Let's go!"

-

Jamal and Tory were at Club Nirvana, sitting at a table with some drinks in front of them. Jamal looked around and saw everyone having a good time. The one person he didn't expect to see was Warren though. He should be protecting the mansion.

"If it isn't Jamal Lyon in the flesh," Warren said with a smile.

"Warren? Aren't you supposed to be guarding?"

"That's during the day. At night, this is where I belong." Then he noticed Tory. "Oh shit. This is the ex girlfriend, right?"

Tory was lost. "Who are you?"

Jamal answered her. "This is Warren. The guy I was talking about."

"You were talking about me? Wow, I'm flattered," Warren joked.

Jamal rolled his eyes playfully. "I was just telling her that you protect my family. I really appreciate that."

"Anything for you, Lyons. You guys bring in a lot of money for me here, so I gotta return the favor." Warren changed the topic, pointing between Tory and Jamal. "I'm sorry you two didn't last."

Tory said, "We're not. I kinda like us better as best friends."

Jamal and Warren said, "Me too." Jamal looked at Warren weirdly because that was odd for him to say, but they just laughed it off. Then Warren questioned Jamal. "So, what are you doing here?"

"I was having a bad night, so we decided to come here."

"That was a good choice. This club isn't called Nirvana for nothing."

Jamal looked around with a smile. "Yeah, it sure isn't. There's nothing but happiness here."

Warren nodded before making his leave. "Yeah well, I'll let you two enjoy yourself."

Tory stopped him. "Oh, you don't have to go. You can stay and kick it with us if you have nothing else to do."

"Oh. Are you sure?"

"Yeah. If Jamal doesn't mind."

"No, I don't mind."

Because he could really use the extra company.

Keemsbiggestfan

"ID please," the bouncer demanded. Keemsbiggestfan showed him their ID and the bouncer let them in, which was good because they had a job to do—taking out Jamal Lyon.

Keemsbiggestfan didn't care if the club was a populated place. They'd shoot Jamal any fucking where because no one was going to mess with Hakeem on their watch. So when they were done with Jamal, Andre Lyon was next in line with his fake ass.

Keemsbiggestfan would take that whole family out for Hakeem if they had to. They were his biggest fan, after all.

They made their way to the bar and the bartender said, "You ordering?"

"Yeah. Let me get a Bloody Mary." Because it was about to get real bloody in there.

Why were they at Club Nirvana anyway? Because they had followed Jamal there. How did they know he was there? Well, that was a long story.

They had followed Jamal on Instagram in case he ever leaked his location, but he never did. The next step was going to Empire. Keemsbiggestfan stood outside of Empire and saw Jamal come out one day, so they had followed him, and it led them to Jamal's condo building. Now they knew where he lived.

The problem was that they could never get to Jamal at home because he had bodyguards posted outside of his door. Every fucking time. So Keemsbiggestfan had to catch Jamal lacking, and they finally did tonight.

They looked around for him, but didn't see him anywhere. Then the bartender said, "Here's your drink."

"Thanks." But they didn't drink it. They kept scanning around for Jamal, but didn't see him anywhere. Did he leave?

Then they heard a laugh that sounded a whole lot like Jamal's. They followed the sound, and yup, there he was, sitting with his ex girlfriend and the guy that ran the place.

Keemsbiggestfan wasted no time. They quickly stood up and put their hand on their pocket where their gun was. They were about to pull it out, but Jamal's bodyguards started talking to him about something. They just had to be there.

They forced Jamal and his ex to leave, and Keemsbiggestfan was really pissed now. They must've known someone was after him, but how? Keemsbiggestfan didn't look that suspicious. They were wearing all black with shades on, but still.

Man, whatever. Jamal was safe for now, but Keemsbiggestfan would get his ass eventually. Because they would always have Hakeem's back.