four.

CHAPTER FOUR
feeling threatened

Cookie

next day

Hakeem and Jamal had caught Cookie and Lucious kissing yesterday, and they weren't upset about it. Jamal was glad they weren't fighting anymore because he was tired of the family drama, and Hakeem said he was happy as long as they were happy.

Then there was Royalty. She wasn't home at the time, so she didn't know about Cookie and Lucious. So they thought it'd be a good idea to sit down with her, and let her know. They prayed she'd be supportive like her brothers.

As for Andre...he needed to worry about himself right now.

Lucious questioned Cookie. "What do you think she's gonna say?"

"Our baby just got cheated on by that white boy, Lucious. I feel like she's not gonna want to talk about anything that has to do with love."

"Well, she has to know."

Yes she did, so Cookie called for her. "Ro, baby! Come down here please!"

Royalty came down the stairs and froze in place when she saw them holding hands. "Uh, what's going on?"

"Sit, baby."

She sat down slowly. Cookie spoke again. "Something happened between your father and I, and we thought we should let you know."

"What? You're back together or something? Because you're holding hands."

Lucious nodded. "That's exactly right. We are back together."

"Okay... why is it such a big deal?"

"Because we know you kids are used to seeing us fight, and-"

She cut Cookie off. "Just because we're used to it, doesn't mean we want it to stay that way. I certainly don't."

"So you're okay with this?"

"If you guys are happy, then I'm happy. I just hope it lasts this time, unlike Blake and I."

"Don't worry about Blake; he's getting the hell out of Empire, just like your brother," Lucious announced.

Royalty's ears perked up. "Wait, Andre's getting fired?"

Cookie answered for Lucious. "No he's not, baby."

"Yes the hell he is!"

Cookie hit him. "Stop it, Lucious! That's still your son!"

"He's not my son! He's a snake!"

Cookie was going to respond, but her phone started ringing. Her eyes widened when she saw it was Andre calling. It wasn't a surprise because the boy had been calling nonstop since the rest of the family didn't want to talk to him.

Cookie got up. "I'll be back. This conversation ain't over, Lucious!" She went to the other room and answered the phone. "Andre?"

"Ma! Thank god someone finally answered!"

"What's going on, Andre?"

"I'm scared, Ma! I'm really scared!"

"About what?"

"About losing my job!"

Cookie stiffened a little bit because how did he know what Lucious was just talking about...? That boy better not be spying. "What makes you think you're gonna lose your job?"

"Because I know how Pop gets when he's angry. If none of you can trust me at home, how can you trust me at Empire?"

That was strange of him to say. "Are you saying we shouldn't trust you?"