forty.

CHAPTER FORTY
stuck with her

Hakeem

Hakeem was at Empire, and he was trying his hardest to avoid Freda. Tiana didn't like her at all, and he wasn't about to let some fangirl mess up his relationship. If Tiana wanted him to drop Freda, then that was what he had to do.

But the question was, how would he break the news to Freda? The girl was crazy and she was obsessed with him. She wouldn't take the news well. She might even shoot his ass since the girl was always talking about guns. She had even threatened Tiana, saying she'd shoot her in the chest.

That was bold as hell and disrespectful, which was another reason why he had to drop Freda. To save Tiana. But what if he dropped Freda and she shot Tiana out of spite? That was the reason why she hadn't been dropped yet. Hakeem didn't want to provoke her crazy ass. But if he didn't drop her, he'd lose Tiana.

In conclusion, he didn't know what to do.

Here comes Freda. "Yo! There you are! I've been looking all over for you!"

"And you didn't stop?"

"Why would I stop? We're a pair!"

She was so wrong. "We're not a pair, Freda. You're just another artist, that's all."

"But we've been kicking it together nonstop. We're hella close."

He fact checked her. "The only reason we've been kicking it together is because Pop wanted that. But honestly, I think we might have to stop."

Freda looked heartbroken now. "Why?! Did I do something wrong?!"

"Yeah you did. You threatened to shoot my girlfriend."

"She was talking all types of crazy. You know that."

"So you threaten to shoot her?"

"I threaten to shoot anyone who comes at me sideways."

"And that's the problem, Freda. I'm honestly starting to feel like everyone around me is unsafe around you," he admitted.

"Okay, calm down. You're acting like I shoot people for the hell of it."

"You claim to be my biggest fan, right? I don't want you getting jealous and shooting the people close to me just because they're also close to me," he exclaimed.

Freda made him a promise. "I won't shoot anyone as long as they don't talk shit. I promise."

Hakeem ran his hand over his face because she wasn't understanding what he was saying. He didn't want her shooting anyone period. But Freda was obsessed with guns, so Hakeem should just tell her that he was done with her right now.

But he was too fucking scared to. She was too fucking dangerous.

"Aye man, you okay?" Freda asked.

"Splendid."

Thank god Lucious came to interrupt. Hakeem couldn't stand being alone with Freda. "Keem, you're wanted in the studio."

"Why, wassup?"

"Tiana and Jamal are waiting for you."

Here goes Freda lashing out. "What the hell they waiting for?"

Hakeem and Lucious looked at her weirdly because why the hell was she so angry?

"They're waiting for him to hop on their new track," Lucious answered.

Freda's interest was piqued now. "Hold up, he's making another song with Jamal?"

"This is news to me too. I ain't know that," Hakeem said.