sixty.

CHAPTER SIXTY
visions

Royalty

Apparently, Royalty had been in a coma for four days. She didn't even remember. All she remembered was getting shot and bleeding out before everything turned black. Now she was looking around her hospital room and everything was blurry as hell.

Was this how Jamal felt when he became conscious?

Just then, Cookie came rushing into the room with Lucious and Tiana. "Baby, look who's here!"

Ro smiled weakly. "Hey, Tiana. Hey, dad."

Tiana gasped and covered her mouth. "I am so happy you woke up! We weren't sure if you ever would!"

"You guys shouldn't have doubted me. Lyons aren't quitters."

"Damn right!" Lucious couldn't help but comment.

Ro looked around some more. "Where's Jamal and Hakeem?"

"Yeah, where are they, Lucious? Why are they not with you?" Cookie demanded to know.

"Hakeem and Jamal snuck out of the house with my car."

"What?"

"Yeah. So I'm just as confused as you are."

Just then, Jamal and Hakeem came running into the room, all out of breath. "Are we late?!"

"Are you late?" Cookie repeated angrily. "What kind of question is that? Don't you see all of us here already?"

"You two should've been here with us, but you weren't because you decided to be sneaky and take my car somewhere. So where'd you go?" Lucious questioned.

Hakeem said, "Jamal and I wanted to go out for a late night drive. You know, to clear our heads and shit. Right, Jamal?"

"Yup." Jamal popped the P. Then he muttered something and Hakeem elbowed him.

Royalty stared at them suspiciously. "Are you two alright?"

Hakeem deflected the attention. "Shouldn't we be asking you that?"

"I feel fine. Everything's just a little blurry."

That alarmed Cookie. "Do I need to get the nurse?!"

"No, I'm okay. I just wanna talk to you guys right now."

Tiana spoke. "I'd love that, but Hakeem's shirt is really distracting me."

"Why?"

"Look at it. There's a bunch of red stuff on it."

They all looked and she wasn't lying. Hakeem had red stuff splattered all over his shirt. Royalty didn't know what that was.

Cookie narrowed her eyes at his shirt. "What is that, Hakeem?"

Hakeem looked down at his shirt and laughed. "Oh, this? This is just ketchup."

"All over your shirt?"

"You know I'm a messy eater, Ma."

"Mhm. And Jamal has it on his shoe too?" Cookie pointed out.

Jamal looked down at his shoe and swallowed hard. Then he shrugged and said, "I'm also a messy eater."

Tiana wasn't buying their story. "I thought you guys went for a drive...?"

"We did. We got some food on the way here. That's why we were late," Jamal told them.

Hakeem laughed awkwardly. "It's been a crazy night."