67 | not so cold?

CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
not so cold

Hakeem

next day

It was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining bright, just like Hakeem's future. Because of that, he was in the living room blasting some rap music. He was standing on the couch, jamming out.

Jamal caught him. "Uh, what the hell are you doing?"

"Man, I'm living my life to the fullest now that I know I ain't getting arrested!"

"I suggest you live your life to the fullest off of the couch before Ma comes in here and whoops your ass," Jamal warned.

And here comes Cookie. "Excuse me? Whoop whose ass?"

Cookie and Lucious came walking in and halted when they saw him standing on the couch. They looked angry.

Lucious spoke slowly. "Son...do you wanna tell me why your shoes are on my couch?"

"I was jamming out."

"I'mma need you to jam out on the floor."

Hakeem sucked his teeth. "Man-"

All he heard was Lucious say, "Cookie, get the broom."

"You don't gotta tell me twice!" Cookie rushed to get it and Hakeem jumped off the couch quick.

"No! Chill! I got off!"

"Don't get back on it either!" Cookie yelled. "Why are you so happy anyway?"

"I'm happy because I got away with murder. Not a lot of people get that lucky."

Jamal spoke. "Stop bragging about it before someone hears you and snitches to Giuliana."

"That bitch better not go near y'all again, or she's gonna be the one getting whooped!" Cookie threatened.

"You should whoop her anyway," Hakeem commented. "But what's the move for today, familia?"

"Your sister is getting released from the hospital today, so we gotta go get her."

"I'm ready."

"I'm not," Jamal said.

"Hurry up, Jamal! I want my baby home!" Cookie exclaimed.

"Okay!"

Jamal quickly disappeared into the guest room, and Hakeem sat on the couch and went on Instagram as they waited. The first thing he saw was Tiana's new selfie she had posted two minutes ago.

Hakeem normally would be the first to like and comment, but not anymore since she wanted to do him dirty

Hakeem normally would be the first to like and comment, but not anymore since she wanted to do him dirty. And he knew the caption was shading him too.

But of course the fans didn't know that. The fans didn't even know they had broken up, and Hakeem didn't want to tell them because they'd be devastated. Everyone loved Takeem and had dreams of him and Tiana getting married. He had those dreams too, but na. Those dreams were over now because Tiana wasn't no true ride or die.

Now that he thought about it, he wasn't even getting arrested so they had broken up for no reason whatsoever. But it was all good. Tiana could stay by herself because she gave up too easily. Hakeem didn't even want her no more.

He should unfollow her ass on Instagram so she could see how done he was, but the fans would notice. Then they'd hop in his DM's asking questions, and then he'd have to go on Instagram live to explain everything. He didn't have time for that. He was gonna keep shit how it was.

He heard Cookie yell, "Jamal, if you don't hurry up, that broom will be calling your name!"

Jamal came rushing back. "I'm done!"

"Good. Let's go get my baby out of that place."

They all headed for the door and Hakeem opened it. They didn't walk out because they saw Giuliana on the other side, smirking right at Hakeem.

"Hello, Hakeem. Told you we'd be seeing each other again."

Hakeem was already annoyed. "Man, what you want?"

"I want you in handcuffs because you are under arrest."

"What?!" they all shrieked.

Giuliana took out handcuffs and Cookie wasn't having it. "No, you ain't about to arrest my baby! He did nothing wrong!"

Giuliana said, "He murdered his best friend, and we have the proof."

Lucious shut that statement down. "That's a damn lie. The police said they had no leads."

"That was yesterday. An anonymous tip came in today."

"Who?!"

"They stayed anonymous for a reason. You crazy Lyons might go after them." Giuliana grabbed Hakeem. "Let's go, Hakeem. You're under arrest."

She handcuffed him and he tried to resist, but there was no use. He wasn't getting out of this. Jamal knew it too. That was why he said, "Now, hold on! If you're gonna arrest him, you better arrest me too!"

Giuliana objected. "No thanks. You're not wanted."

"I'm not wanted? What kind of shit is that? Arrest me!"

Hakeem spoke to him. "It's cool, Jamal. Don't ruin your life for me."

"Ruin my life for you? We-"

"I'll be straight," Hakeem said calmly.

"Yes you will because we're gonna get you out, baby! Believe that, Giuliana!" Cookie declared.

Hakeem really fucking hoped so, or he was fucked.

END OF BOOK TWO. Go read the explosive third story on my profile @rositaespinosas

Empire: Dissonance

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 ² 🎉