• Sagittarius Backstory •

Before Ei created the puppet named Kunikuzushi she made a puppet named Sagittarius.

It was her first puppet so it was only a prototype..but during testing it seemed like it was defected, it didnt seem like it wanted to listen to the Electro Archon and it seemed to have a mind of its own she knew she had to start over from scratch.

So she let this puppet go..but before she did that she erased all its core memory so it wouldnt need to carry the burden of knowing its nothing but a defected puppet.

A few weeks passed and Sagittarius would wander the land of Inazuma without a goal or purpose..just walk like a brainless zombie for eternity.

But after a stormy night the puppet thought "Is this really all that im going to do for the rest of my live? Just walk around aimlessly without a purpose or goal?" At that moment they decided they should look around for clues of their sudden awakening.

After travelling the land they slowly came to a conclusion..a conclusion they wish they never found out.

"A puppet? Is this..all that i am..no..NO..DAMMIT WHY?! Am i just some scrap that..was made..to just be tossed away.."

Filled with anger, frustration, sadness and confusion they made up their mind..whats the point of staying in this land if it will only bring sorrow and dread?

They didnt want to find out more, they wanted to leave Inazuma and thus they did. They soon left Inazuma and entered the Land of Geo, Liyue. They were fascinated by the beauty of this land and wanted to explore more of it.

Sagittarius had many cool adventures even if some were dangerous, afterall they dont have a vision or weapon to help them fight against monsters so they had to be extra careful about it.

Sadly..their luck ran out and they got trapped by a group of hilichurls and one mitachurl..they closed their eyes ready to accept their fate..when its axe was about to strike...a swift wind of a blade and the cries from the hilichurls could be heard when they opened their eyes they saw a man with brown hair and formal Liyuen attire.

"You shouldnt be here without a weapon to defend yourself with..you dont seem like you're from around here, whats your name?"

Sagittarius thought for a while but decided that theres no harm in saying their name afterall he saved their life back there.

"Sagittarius..thats my name, whats yours?"

He seemed to be thinking for a few seconds until he responded. "I go by the name Zhongli..judging by your name i assume you're from Inazuma? Am i correct?"

"You are indeed correct.." Sagittarius wondered why he acted so formal towards a stranger..it felt weird.

"Is it possible that you have nowhere to stay?"

"Huh? Well uhm yeah i dont but why are you asking me that? Dont you think thats a little creepy?"

"I just want to help..i sense that theres something diffirent about you Sagittarius and i want to test it out, if you want i can make sure you have a place to stay and in exchange all i ask is that you train to become stronger..do we have a deal?"

Sagittarius thought about it for a while..it seemed like a win-win situation for them but could they really just trust a stranger?..they decided to bet on it and take the offer.

"Excellent but before that i want you to sign this contract that confirms that you agreed on this deal." He took out a piece of paper and a quill and handed them over to Sagittarius

Sagittarius pondered..if they sign this contract there is no way of getting out of this..but atleast they'll have a purpose for once..

They signed the contract and handed it back over to Zhongli.

"Good, now its time for me to do my part of the deal"

After some weeks Sagittarius kept on training to become stronger and were even handed a weapon by Zhongli, the claymore. Sagittarius still didnt understand the point of all this or why he even decided to save them in the first place but they were grateful. Zhongli was actually pretty nice even if he monologues a lot..like a lot.

Altough Sagittarius wondered if he knew that they were a puppet...but they didnt want to think about it because theres almost no chance of him knowing unless he was some kind of god.

But soon enough after training for 7 months Zhongli believed it was time for the next phase. So he brought Sagittarius to fight a Stonehide Lawachurl. He had full faith in Sagittarius and their abilities but incase they are on the verge of death he will step in.

The fight with the Lawachurl was not easy for Sagittarius..infact it was very hard on them and they thought that Zhongli was nuts or something but they didnt want to give up just yet they still have that contract to fullfill and they did not want to go back on it just yet.

The fight continues on and when all hopes seems lost a spark appears and in their hand is a..Geo vision?

Without thinking Sagittarius just start summoning rocks to throw off the Lawachurl and while its distracted they land a finishing blow towards the monster and ends victorious.

But they were confused..how did they get a vision if they are just a puppet? Dont only humans get them? But before they could say a word Zhongli spoke

"Dont say a word. Lets get you patched up first then we can talk later, ill explain everything."

After the fight they were getting patched up by Qiqi, Sagittarius thanked her and walked up to Zhongli  demanding an explaination

"Im the god of Geo and..i knew you were a puppet when i first met you and when you said you were from Inazuma i could only assume that your creator was the Electro Archon, i wanted to help you and test my theory. I wanted to see if puppets like yourself could bear a Vision."

"Are you saying that im just a puppet? That if been training for so long just to hear you say that im just some darn puppet and you're the god of Geo?!"

"No. I believe you are more than that and you showed it during your battle with the Lawachurl and that Vision is the proof."

Sagittarius just stood there..if this is the end of the contract what is their purpose now? They have a vision but what good does it do if there is no reason to use it? Their head hung low.

"Altough i have another proposal..if you wish to hear it."

Sagittarius perked up and gave their full attention to what hes about to say.

"Would you accept the title of "Adeptus" (unofficialy) and make Liyue a safer place for all its people? You could train everyday to become stronger and save people from danger."

Sagittarius knew this was their chance..they could have a purpose now that will last for eternity, get stronger and keep the people of Liyue safe from any danger.

"Alright ill do it hand over the contract that i must sign"

After months of signing the contract Sagittarius trained everyday and made sure no monsters harmed the citizens of Liyue, they knew this was the place for them.

They finally felt like they were not just a puppet but an actual living being with a purpose in this world and they couldnt have been happier any other way.

Fin.

{ Honestly this feels kind of cringe but writing stories is not my forte, sorry if its dissapointing and weird (T^T) }