• Taurus Backstory •

Their parents never agreed to anything Taurus said or did.

It was always the same

"We know whats best for you"

Taurus was always into art, it was a hobby for them but it slowly grew into a burning passion.

But their parents didnt wish for their kid to become an artist, they wanted a child who would protect Mondstadt as a knight.

They begged their parents to let them continue art but they were stubborn and didnt give in.

"Art? Dont be stupid! It will get you nowhere! You're better off becoming a knight! People would respect you more and the pay is good!"

But Taurus didnt want to be a knight. Why couldnt they drop it and let them pursue art?

Their parents would train them on how to use the bow for various things like hunting and fighting.

But whenever they did something wrong instead of being educated they would get scolded and even hit sometimes.

They had these expectations for them that were too hard to keep up with that sometimes after training they would feel completely burned out and cry on their bed for hours.

The other kids could do what they wanted to do..so why couldnt they?

But at the end of every day they sucked it up and went with it..being hit is not fun anyways.

Sometimes during training breaks they would run off to a secret place with painting equipment and paint out their frustrations, it was a peaceful way to take out their anger without hurting anyone.

They would sometimes even do this outside training hours and do it late at night.

Their art was always getting better with progress and time and they were quite confident with their art skills.

But they always hid it away from their parents..they were scared that if they found their artwork..that they might burn it down or throw it in the river.

They couldnt let that happen, they had to be careful.

Growing older..their relationship with their parents unfortunately didnt get any better but on the good side their art got better!

They would paint animals, people and landscapes and the art pieces would always turn out as masterpieces!

They would look at how much they progressed in their skills and feel proud of themselves.

Art wasnt the only thing they got better at!

They also mastered the bow, and can use it with ease.

They both felt natural to them now, when holding an arrow and a bow or a pencil and paper it feels like their hands move on its own. It has become a habit to them.

Their parents stopped hitting them but the expectations only grew bigger.

Taurus was tired of their attitude but they didnt say a word against them..they were afraid of what they could do..

Years later and the tryouts are right around the corner..and Taurus was a nervous mess.

What if i mess up?
What would my parents do?
Would they finally be proud of me?
What if they find my secret spot?

Too many questions and thoughts clouded their mind but they had to..suck it up.

The tryouts are starting soon and they cant afford to mess this up.

Time felt slow but the tryouts finally ended.

They hope that they made it in..or else the consequences will be bad..real bad.

After waiting for a few days the mail with the results came in.

Taurus opened it up and saw that they were accepted in the Knights of Favonius.

"Thank god..i was worried..i better tell my parents now."

They went towards their parents and told them the news.

"I got in! They accepted me as a knight!"; they pretended to be happy..they didnt want to be a knight...but they'll suck it up..

"Atleast you didnt dissapoint us for once...no go make some mora, pathetic brat."

...this is it? All that hard work and you get this as a congratulations? That you didnt dissapoint them for once and to go make some mora?..

Taurus thought: "Fine. Ill go make my own mora and leave this toxic household..you'll have no more control over my life."

They started to work hard on their job as a knight. They would help in the library, clear some nearby monster camps, help with conflict,carry supplies and other things.

That gave them a good reputation in Mondstadt...but once they made enough mora they stopped being as hardworking as before.

They bought themselves a house and left their parents for good.

They took all their art pieces with them aswell and all their other belongings.

They didnt try to stop Taurus, they believed it was time for them to go anyways as they were a grown adult now.

Taurus looked at the art pieces and finally realised that..they are free..that they no longer have to obey their parents.

At that moment a light shined brightly and an Anemo Vision was in their hand.

They were bursting in joy!

This was probably the best day that they had in their entire life!

They got their own home, a job, their paintings are safe, they are free and they have an Anemo Vision!

As long as they stay as a normal everyday knight they could live a cozy life without high expectations from anyone.

After that they did their best as a knight but would slack off from time to time..altough they were smart and skilled with the bow.

Jean and other knights saw their potential..so often they were offered a higher ranking in the Knights of Favonius..but they always refused.

They knew that with a higher title meant bigger responsibilities and bigger responsibilities meant higher expectations..that was a big no no for them.

That made them..confused..most people would have taken that opportunity if they could, but they didnt..

That led to rumours that they simply are lazy..or just dont care about the Knights of Favonius.

But Taurus didnt care..they had art, freedom and a cozy home.

What more could they ask for?

Fin.