• Aquarius Backstory •

Aquarius knew they weren't the strongest human on Teyvat but in Natlan, the land of war. If you are weak and lose the battle you'll burn to ashes.

But fighting is not Aquarius's strong suit infact their specialty is healing. Taking care of wounds, which medicine is the best for whichever ilness, you name it and Aquarius has got you covered. They got their Hydro Vision when they healed an injured civilian for the first time when they were young.

But did Aquarius really want to live in a nation were everything gets resolved with fighting? The answer was no but..they had to stay to help the injured, there are not many skilled healers like Aquarius who can help with serious wounds.

Aquarius thought everynight if this is going to end. "Why cant Natlan just try to fix things in a diffirent way?" But they knew the answer; The god of Pyro, Murata is to blame. She is encouraging war in her land and no one would dare oppose her.

'Justice is blind in this nation' thats what Aquarius thought about their homeland. "Whats the point of saving people if they'll go right back into fighting" this land is full of pitiful people, they wanted to leave this land but wouldnt it be selfish to leave when the people need them most?

For once they decided to be selfish and flee from this country. They believed the best nation to go to is Mondstadt, The land of Freedom. There is no war there and no corruption. Justice in Mondstadt is atleast better than in Natlan.

Altough the travelling from one nation to another was hard they made it to Mondstadt, it was beautiful. The people, the scenery, the food. All of it was amazing and the best part is that its peaceful here. No war, no blood..just the laughter of children and the soft blow of the wind.

For once Aquarius felt this sense of relief, 'Is that how it feels to be at peace for once?' Well they werent complaining atleast they'll be able to relax.

But thats when they reminded themselves that they needed mora..how else could they buy food and get a home if they dont have any mora to afford it?

Their thoughts got interrupted when they heard a beautiful voice singing in the distance.

Out of pure curiosity they decided to follow the voice and found a blonde girl sitting on a bench singing to herself. They admired her voice and they didnt want to disturb her singing so Aquarius waited until they finished their song.

After a minute she finished singing and took a sip of a red looking drink. It looked spicy..kind of reminds them of Natlan.

Aquarius decided to step up and talk to her: "Uh..hello! I heard your voice from afar and i came to check it out and i must say your voice is beautiful! Im quite jealous of you."

The girl looked Aquarius up and down before speaking up: "Thank you! I practice a lot so i appreciate the compliment! But...i dont think we have met before..are you from a diffirent nation?"

"Mhm. Im from Natlan, you can call me Aquarius!"

"My name is Barbara! Nice to meet you."

Aquarius thought for a while..she looks like shes from the church..maybe they can ask her if they can work there aswell? It'll be awkward if she says no though...screw it they had no choice.

"Hey so uhm..you work at the church right?"

"Thats correct! But thats quite a random question to ask...is there any reason why?"

"Well uh..could i..work..there? O-Of- course if its not allowed for outsiders like me to work there its completely fine i dont mind ill go find another job im so so so sorry that i asked in the first place oh my god i probably made it akward between us two now im sorry-"

"Ehehe relax! Its not forbidden for outlanders to work in the church, as long as you fully devote yourself to Lord Barbatos you'll be accepted..well theres one exception but we wont talk about her now.."

Aquarius was caught off-gaurd, who is "she" supposed to be and what does Barbara mean that "she" is an exception?

Aquarius spoke up "Okay so how do i apply to get the job?"

"You need to go to sister Victoria if you want to apply! Here ill help you find her!"

Barbara took Aquarius's hand and ran towards the church but before she entered so put her index finger over her lips saying that in the church it must be quiet.

They both silently entered the church and came across a diffirent sister..

"Rosaria?! Its..strange seeing you here as you're not usually in the church at this hour..."

"Whats so strange about seeing me at a church? Im still a sister wheter i like it or not."

"I know but..agh..nevermind. Do you know where Sister Victoria is?"

"If you want to find her she is currently behind the church watering flowers. Now can you leave me alone?"

Damn shes rude..

"Thank you Sister Rosaria! Cmon Aquarius lets get going!"

She started to walk towards the door and they followed her from behind looking one more time behind them they saw Rosaria glaring at them...does she really dislike them already?...and could it be that the "she" Barbara mentioned earlier is Rosaria?..They'll find out later.

After some walking you both found Sister Victoria

"Sister Victoria! I want to introduce you to someone who would like to apply for a job here at the church!"

"I see, hi. Im Sister Victoria and ill take care of this. All i need is for you to fill an application form that contains a bunch of questions to see if your qualified for this job or not."

She hands them an envolope probably with the application form inside.

"Thank you Sister Victoria!"

"No problem, now i have to go back to watering these flowers so if you could excuse me..."

Aquarius and Barbara walked away but not before Aquarius could ask one more question

"I know that you have already done so much for me but..i dont really have a place to stay and..could i crash at your place until i have enough mora to buy a house for myself..?"

"Of course you can stay with me! But only till you earn enough money okay?"

"Thank you so much! You dont know how much this means to me! Im indebted to you Barbara!"

"Well let not just stand here lets go!"

After that Aquarius filled their application form and scored a job at the church.

Barbara and Aquarius got to know eachother really well during their time as roommates but Aquarius got enough money and bought themselves a new home.

They still hang out a lot in the church and during their freetime. Barbara even teaches them a few songs from time to time!

At last they feel at peace.

Fin.