• Virgo Backstory •

They wanted to be the best in everything.

The best student in class

The best student in all subjects

The best student in every year

...and the best student in the entire school

Of course you'll have to work hard to achieve something like that, it cannot be handed to you with a silver spoon.

And Virgo knew that, so they studied a lot. They barely had any free time and didnt have any friends because of it.

Well they did have one friend.

...

Her name is Lisa.

Virgo didnt have any friends so when Lisa approached them and asked to be friends they simply couldnt just turn her down.

They started to hang out more often, especially in the library.

...

Back then Lisa didnt really like to read books in particular but spending more time with Virgo made her more accustomed to books.

Perhaps thats why she became a librarian, perhaps being in the library and reading books reminds her of Virgo and the time they spend at the Academy...oh how she wished that they could go back to those times...such a shame isnt it?

oops sorry i went off-topic.

...

While they both were the top students at the Academy they were both completely diffirent.

Virgo was more quiet and kept to themselves while Lisa on the other hand was more of a social butterfly and popular.

They pretty much balanced eachother out and were a perfect team.

Altough it wouldnt last forever

...

"Hey Virgo i got a dare for you!~" Said Lisa with a playful tone

"Alright..." Virgo said with a questioning tone expecting to hear a dumb dare from their friend.

"So you know the restricted part of the school library? Well i dare for you to go over there and to 'borrow' a book~"

"What?! Are you telling me to go steal from the school? What if i get caught? You do realise theres a reason why those books are in the restricted zone? They. Are. Not. Meant. To. Be. Read! Gosh Lisa i know you want for me to get out of my comfort zone and have some fun but this is too much! Im not a rulebreaker you know..what if-"

"Calm down dear! Im just saying~ after all arent you curious what they hide there?"

"Absolutely not! As i said..theres a reason why they keep those books there.."

"Alright~ alright~ but if you do decide to do it tell me! I wanna know what they keep inside there!~"

"Hah! In your dreams, you know me. I could never."

"I know but everyone can change~"

"Yeah yeah..lets just head to class unless you want for us to get detention"

"Oh right! Lets go~"

During the walk Virgo couldnt help but think about Lisa's dare, why is she suddenly intrested about the restricted zone of the library...

But soon those thoughts went away when Virgo arrived to class.

"Doesnt matter..its not like ill ever break the rules just to get a book from a place i shouldnt be at...right?..right!" Is what Virgo thought.

But that thought didnt left them..they got more and more curious about the restricted zone..

And you know what they say..

Curiosity killed the cat

...

During lunch Virgo and Lisa were chatting and goofing around but the thought still remained in their head and it seems like Lisa noticed it

"Darling? Somethings wrong? You can talk to me about it if you want to."

"Its about your dare..i've been thinking about it and maybe..no..i will do it."

"Oh my, you will? Im glad dear~ but are you comfortable with it? If you arent i wont pressure you into doing it."

"No..you're right, i wanna try something bold for once. Ill do my best to not get caught, but you owe me a damm huge favor!"

"Haha! Of course darling, that seems fair to me. So whats your plan?"

"Well im obviously not going to the restricted zone in broad daylight so ill go at nighttime. Firstly ill have to steal the Librarian's keys and afterwards wait until school's done, ill wait until its night and sneak inside and break inside the restricted zone."

"That's pretty straightforward..but vague, are you sure you wont get caught? What if the plan fails?"

"It wont, i may not seem like it but im decent at being stealthy, i will not get caught. Im sure of it."

"Alright, good luck dear!"

"Heh..thanks, i have a question tho..is there a specific book you want for me to get?"

"No, not really. I just want to see what they hide in there, you get me dear?"

"Ill be honest, no i dont get you. But that what makes you so intresting~"

"Oh my, since when did you get so bold my dear?"

"Since never..jeez i feel so awkward.."

"Haha! Bless your heart, Virgo!"

After that converstation the both of you kept chatting about other things and eating your lunch.

...

"The day is here...you can do it Virgo..no backing out now! You stole the keys and its nighttime you cant let all that effort go to waste!" Virgo said all that inside their head, giving themselves some emotional support.

They were scared, yes.

But they wont back down from this dare now that they have done all of this.

...

As they were inside the Library they went to the restricted zone and looked around, wondering which book they should take...until one specific book caught their eye.

Before they take it they decided to read a few pages first...that was their biggest regret.

"Wah?..This! No..what the hell?! This cannot be true right? But if its in the restricted zone it has to be..right?...no..no no no..."

Virgo couldnt believe their eyes, what they read..they didnt think that something like this would be in a Academy's library.

They cant stay here..they have to leave..

"Im sorry..Lisa.."

They quickly left the library and went to pack their bags, not leaving one thing behind.

And decided that their destination is Mondstadt..its a nice safe place..far away from here.

They wont return.

They never will.

Fin.