• Cancer Backstory •

They...felt weird.

Why do they all want my attention? Is what the kid asked themselves, its not like they were special in any way..were they?

Cancer grew up to be a very gifted kid.

A lot of kids were jealous of them and a lot of adults wished that their kids could be like Cancer.

Cancer was smart, there was no doubt about it. For someone their age who would have thought that they were intelligent and they were pretty.

You could describe them as perfect.

A lot of people knew that they were perfect from the first glance.

They wanted to interact with the kid and see what they were like and boy were they not dissapointed.

Cancer was perfect.

Looks, intelligence, personality.

They had it all at such a young age.

Even adults started to become jealous..and unlike the children who were powerless to do something to Cancer the jealous adults harassed them.

Cancer would usually be psychically or verbally harassed by the adults that grew jealous of them.

That made Cancer wary of their surroundings..always looking behind incase if anyone was stalking them from the back.

It had gotten so bad to the point they had to take a self-defense weapon with them incase anyone with ill-intentions would try to creep up on them.

But....

Cancer has noticed something..

They werent the only one being harassed by these jealous strangers.

So were their parents..in-laws...friends...

It has gotten so out of hand that even death threats started to surface

Cancer was horrified.

They couldnt sleep at night incase if one of them actually go crazy and try to harm them in their sleep.

Cancer couldnt even go outside anymore.

It was scary

They were scary

The outside world is scary.

...

Cancer had to stay indoors to stay safe from them.

Otherwise they'll hurt them

But...

What if...?

Y o u  h u r t  t h e m  i n s t e a d ?

...

No! Thats inhumane! Who would hurt others?...you wouldnt? Right?

...

"Whatever it doesnt matter they'll forget my existence if i stay here long enough.."

...

Altough they were dead wrong.

They never forgot about Cancer, and rumours started to surface.

"I bet someone kidnapped the kid and demanded a large sum of money that their parents cant afford!"

"I think they simply left Fontaine because of the harassement."

"They probably went into hiding because of those jealous numbskulls."

Of course none of these rumours were confirmed..but some of them deduced correctly.

Their family loved Cancer but they were just too perfect, it made them sick being harassed like this.