• Leo Backstory •

Not everyone is born equal.

Some are pampered and spoiled since the first day that they're born and some have to work their hardest to survive.

But surviving isnt living and Leo knows that.

As a kid they had to work day and night to provide for their family and even though the worked hard to make money it was still not enough.

Even if they didnt want to do this they had to steal from the rich.

They knew stealing was wrong but they were desperate and they didnt want to let their family starve.

Their life was a tough one but despite all that they still managed to push through.

They even developed a keen intrest in business and economy.

They always wanted to have their own shop were they could sell all kind of stuff and gain more mora from it and be able to properly provide for their family.

But...a thief cant always get away with everything, can they?

When they were younger sometimes their schemes would fail and they get caught by the person they tried to steal from.

So since the people of Liyue already know their face most of them were wary of Leo.

But now Leo has grown up more and has better stealth skills.

Be it burglary or simple pickpocketing they could do it all.

Of course it was not something Leo was proud of, infact they were disgusted that they were so skilled in something so vile.

But they were determined to make their own business and move past their criminal lifestyle.

But they didnt know how to start.

They were already being sought out by the Millellith because they stole a lot of valueables from others and if they set up a shop they would surely be able to find them.

So Leo made a plan.

They decided to get all the mora thats needed to make the shop, pay some people to build the shop and then ask someone they trust to be the "shopkeeper" and share the profits 50% 50% and of course they had to figure out what to sell too.

In that way they could finally start their own business and not get caught by the Millellith during the process.

And so they got to work.

...

Leo couldnt believe it.

Their shop got more popular than they expected but were not even slightly upset at it infact they couldnt be happier.

But something seemed strange.

The person they let as the shopkeeper started acting more strange than usual and Leo couldnt figure out why.

They wouldnt have expected to be betrayed by them.

...

Leo was just working on something in the backroom of the workshop until they heard the door being knocked down.

There they saw..

The Millellith...

Ningguang...

And...

The shopkeeper?

Leo wasnt dumb, they knew what was happening...The shopkeeper ratted them out...probably because they wanted the bounty money, there was no doubt about it.

"You know..im quite impressed that you have managed to hide from us for so long, you even managed to make a shop. A succesful one at that, if your stealth skills didnt impress me then this surely did. Though you have commited a crime and we have to arrest you for it." Ningguang said..she was calm but Leo felt like she was dissapointed in some way.

Before they could take Leo away..a light shone brightly almost blinding everyone and they felt something in their hands...A geo vision.

Everyone looked at Leo, shock and disbelief could be seen on their faces.

Someone who stole and hid for so long had gotten a Geo vision?

A few minutes of pure silence passed, it was completely quiet and the atmosphere felt heavy and tense but soon Ningguang broke the unbearable silence.

"Well...this is certaintly unexpected..but perhaps this is a sign to not throw you in jail, perhaps you have other skills that arent stealing and sneaking away."

Ningguang looked like she was in thought for a moment but spoke up again.

"Perhaps we could use your skills for the better..of course you will still need to pay back what you stole from others but at the very least you wont have to go to jail for it, so what do you say? Will you work under me? I could use your help."

Leo thought for a bit, it was either; Get arrested and go to jail for Morax knows how long or work under Ningguang and get a stable source of income without relying on theft.

The choice was obvious.

"Okay...ill work under you."

Ningguang grinned.

"Good choice, cmon now. We have a lot to talk about."

...

It was hard for Leo in the first few weeks.

They werent really welcomed with open arms because of their reputation so they were mostly given dirty looks and had lots of rumors circle around them.

But not everyone was like that.

For example Keqing, they would not judge Leo for their past and instead got to know how Leo of today and got along with them pretty well.

But soon they would gain the respect of their peers.

Leo started to climb up the ranks and soon worked alongside Ningguang imstead of under her.

Things finally started to look better for Leo.

Stable source of income, a proper career, good reputation.

They know they got lucky, because most people like them wouldnt get a chance like this, dare they say it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

With their wealth now they decided t help others in need, knowing their pain and suffering really well.

Soon they started to get a reputation of "A generous and kind person" despite of their past.

People noticed the change and supported Leo for their efforts.

This is all Leo wanted

And now they finally got it.

Fin.