Chapter 13

y/n POV
We finally found the others standing around waiting for Thomas and Minho to show up. "RUN," I turned around and saw Minho and Thomas sprinting towards us and about 20 creatures chasing them.  Not again, what did I do to deserve this? I turned around and began to run like my life depended on it because it most likely did. As we ran up the escalators I heard Fry yell, "Thomas, Minho what are those things?" "Why would you think we know? Do I look like I know?" Minho yelled back his voice laced with sarcasm. The things were gaining on us. How were they so fast, they looked dead. As we reached the second floor one of those things crashed through a window and flung itself on top of Newt. Newt was struggling to get it off. I frantically looked around. I spotted a metal baseball bat. "Not my boyfriend you clunkhead," I yelled at it before swinging as hard as I could. WHAM he flew off. Fry turned back and yelled at me while I was helping Newt up. "What if you hit Newt?" "But I didn't," I replied. "But what if you did?" He argued back. "But I didn't," I shot back. Newt just laughed "you are adorable, but let's keep moving." I nodded as we caught up to Fry. We found this hallway and sprinted through it. We found many doors but they were all locked. We reached the end of the hallway as the creatures scrambled into sight. "I'll hold them off," Winston shouted, pulling out a gun. We had finally found a loose door but it was still locked. We all took turns slamming ourselves against it. Finally, it came open, we rushed through the door trying to close it in time. Winson was the last one in and we didn't close the door in time.

Winston POV
"AHHHHHHH," I screamed as the creature's fingers dug into my torso. The pain is never-ending. Finally, we got the door closed but I had multiple holes in me. We ran as the door busted open again, the creatures flooding out. We hid under this huge chunk of rubble and slow;y we could hear the sounds of their screams drift away. As I drifted to sleep I felt as if the wounds were moving and sending things crawling into my body.

Janson POV
Ava was not going to be happy about this. As I walked into the lab I debated if I should even let her know. It was bad enough that y/n escaped but also Thomas. Thomas was like a son to her and her prized possession. "Yes, what is it now Janson?" Ava answered the video call impatiently. "We had an escape. 10 children escaped." I reported. Ava rolled her eyes, "which ones Janson?" I cautiously read out the names on my list. "Gally, Winston, Frypan, Minho, Newt, Aris, Noah, Brooke, y/n and." "Their subject numbers too, Janson. You expect me to know them by name?" Ava interrupted. I started again, reading the subject numbers coinciding with the first order of names. "A9, A13, A3, A7, A5, C6, B1, outsider1, AX, and A2." Ava's eyes widened, "why didn't you tell me Thomas escaped?" she screamed. "I tried to," I started but Ava wasn't having it. "I don't care, send burgs out tomorrow and put awards on their heads. I want them alive." She screamed and hung up the call. I sighed, shaking my head. I turned to the scientist behind me. "You heard her, rewards on heads and set up the burgs, NOW," I yelled at the scientist as he ran out of the lab.

                ................Time Skip..............

AU: Hey guys, I am so sorry I haven't published in so long. I've been busy with school and work (and lack of motivation) But I'm 100% going to finish this (slowly but surely). There is no way I'm letting this become unfinished. Just keep reading and I hope you're enjoying the book. 😂🥰