Chapter 25

Fry POV
Harriet was telling us how lucky we were to have found them. Apparently, they were moving out in the morning. "So who is this Vince guy?" Harriet laughed and nudged Sonya, "he's the guy that decides if you stay or go." Oh, great. Things with Vince seemed to be going well, that was until Brenda fainted.

Vince POV
"Shit, Shit. We got a crank. Cranks aren't allowed in here." The older guy seemed to be very protective of her. "There has to be something you can do. Can't you guys help her?" I looked at him and nodded, "I can put her out of her misery." I pointed the gun at her and everyone screamed. "Vince, that is enough. Let it go." I looked over and Mary had approached the group. "But Mary, we can't help her. She is putting us all in danger." Mary laughed, "We can't but y/n and Thomas can."

y/n POV
Mary? I swear I've heard that name before but I couldn't remember. I looked up and the mention of my name. "Ah yes y/n, I doubt you remember me. But you were my old assistant in the lab. You had a love and a talent for medicine. I was so sad when I had to leave you but I was so grateful you helped me escape. Both Thomas and you are the reason these operations have been so successful." Thomas and I just looked at each other in shock. "Well come along then, we must help that friend of yours." Thomas grabbed her legs and I grabbed her arms and we set off towards the med tent.

Mary POV
Once we arrived at the tent I had y/n draw Thomas's blood. I was going to teach her once again how to create the serum. She seemed to be handling herself very well. "Were you by chance a doctor in the maze?" I asked her. She laughed and nodded, "yea, I was a medjack. I had faint memories of how things worked, I guess I can thank you for that." I nodded at Thomas, "he gave us all of the coordinates for WCKD bases, labs everything. But you, you helped us stay hidden and sent out supplies. I wasn't surprised when I heard they sent Thomas up but you? Although Janson did have a heart only for the cure." "So this is the cure?" I sighed and she looked over at me. "Not exactly. It was clear you kids were the key because you were immune. Eventually, we found out why. An enzyme produced by the brains of the immune. Once separated from the bloodstream... it can serve as a powerful agent to slow the spread of the virus. The enzyme can't be manufactured, only harvested from the immune. The young. Of course, that didn't stop WCKD. If they had their way... they'd sacrifice an entire generation. A gift of biology. But one not meant for all of us. The serum works differently for everyone.
She may have a few months, maybe more, maybe less. But that's the catch, isn't it? She'll always need more." I watched as y/n inserted the needle into Brenda's arm and she instantly calmed. "Come on then y/n. I'll show you around the camp." I pulled her out of the tent leaving Thomas alone with the girl he seemed to be smitten for.

................Time Skip..............