Chapter 15

Noah POV
As we were walking out into the sunlight, I caught a glance at what our world had become. Sand everywhere, buildings crushed and bodies scattering the ground. I hurried up my step and caught up to y/n. She was hyper-fixating on the ground and I swear she wouldn't have blinked if I didn't speak up. "Hey, everything okay?" I asked. Her head shot up. "Oh, hey Noah," she smiled, "I didn't notice you there. And ya, things are going alright." We kept walking and talking, it felt nice and like a real moment in this fucked up world.

Newt POV
I could see Noah and y/n having in-depth conversations. I knew they were in-depth because anything y/n talked about was in-depth. No matter who she is talking to or what they are talking about. I once overheard her talking to Fry about if animals could talk, which would be the rudest? She was convinced it would be a spider and Fry thought it would be an ape. It was one of the silliest conversations I've ever heard but it lasted for hours, they finally agreed it would be an anteater. It still sometimes gets brought up in conversations between them. I was about to go and break up the duo when I heard the sound.

Minho POV
BRRRRRRRRRRRRR. We all paused at the sound, not really sure what it was. Then I recognized it. "It's a burg, everyone hide," I shouted. Everyone scrambled for shelter under the rubble as the burgs came into view overhead.

y/n POV
I ran and slid under a large pillar and I could see Noah struggling to find a spot. "Noah," I whisper shouted motioning him towards me. I could hear the burg practically overhead so I reached out and grabbed Noah by the collar and pulled him under the pillar. But he tripped and fell on top of me. He went to get up, but I pulled him closer because I could hear the burg directly above us. "Don't move," I whispered, I felt him relax against me. This was one of the most awkward moments I've been in, but I was not risking my safety to be comfortable. After a couple of minutes when we were sure that the burgs were gone, people began to move. Gally spoke up, "we should probably keep moving, don't want those things to catch us," he grabbed Brooke's hand and started off. Since when were those two a thing. Gally is kinda a magnet for toxic, first Bruce and now Brooke. I mean we still don't know 100% about Brooke, but I don't trust her. I looked back and saw Newt brushing off his pants, he was so cute when he didn't know I was watching him. Noah called my name and pointed at the dune, "come on, let's go." I laughed and jogged up towards him. I stared up at the dune and it seemed huge in the beaming light. I was already sweating and this dune looked ready to devour me. I looked over at Fry, "race you," and took off. I could hear him yell behind me, "that's cheating."

Newt POV
What the hell was that? He was on top of her, and she didn't move him. I stood there in utter shock as she started walking up the dune with him. Even after what had just happened, she didn't even come and see me. I was starting to worry, what if this was it?

Winston POV
We made it to the top of the dune but something wasn't right. I felt the flesh on my stomach start to burn and I threw up. The next thing I knew I was rolling down the dune that had taken me so long to climb. My mouth completely filled up with sand as I reached the bottom.

................Time Skip..............