Chapter 14

Fry POV
I woke up to the sound of crinkling. I looked over to see y/n crouching in a corner. "Fry I can sense you looking at me, turn away unless you want to see my ass," she said. I looked away, what the hell, how did she know? "When I walked past, you were the only one that stirred, so I made the assumption it was you," she replied again. My eyes widened, could she read my mind? "No Fry, I can't read your mind," she laughed. I turned around and said, "the hell you can't, you keep proving my point." And then got yelled at "Fry, turn around, my pants are down." I whipped my head around and yelled back "I saw nothing." She laughed, "Fry, I can't read minds, you're just really predictable." I heard her walking back over to me, I turned around to face her. "That's just what you want me to think," she replied in perfect sync, "That's just what you want me to think." I stared at her in amazement and she winked back. She sat down beside me leaning her head on my shoulder. "I missed our talks, we haven't really had time to talk. You know, trying not to die is harder than one would think," she laughed. "Crazy, seems like everything since the maze wants to kill us," I turned to look at her. She had tears in her eyes on the brink of falling. "Hey, it's gonna be okay." "But what if it's not," she challenged. "The maze was a hell hole but it was a slightly safer hell hole. Everything is going downhill and fast and we can't seem to escape any of it," the tears started to fall. I wrapped my arm around her and held her close as I could feel my shirt being dampened, her sobs muffled by my chest. We heard people start to stir behind us. y/n lifted her head and wiped her tears. "Thanks, Fry," she got up to leave but turned back. "Hey, don't bring this up to Newt or anyone. I don't need people to worry, I'm fine." I nodded and she continued on her way.

y/n POV
I don't know what was up with me lately. I needed to stay focused. I took a deep breath and went over to wake up Newt. "Hey," I whispered. He just hummed and cuddled into my leg. I laughed as I looked down at him. "It's time to get up, sleepyhead," I crouched down and ran my fingers through his hair. I stared at him, memories of the glade flooding my mind, memories of a simpler time. I felt the tears return to my eyes. Not this not again, I looked away and composed myself. "I'm gonna go pack up my bag, I'll see you later," I got up and left. I could feel myself begin to slip. I needed to remove emotions from the situation. I don't remember much from my past life but I had a feeling this instinct came from those experiences. Everyone started to get up and it was almost time to continue moving. Minho came up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, are you okay?" "I'm fine," I snapped back. I took a deep breath and turned around. "I'm fine, just tired. But we should probably get a move on." I smiled and Minho nodded. He started back the group, taking another deep breath, I followed him.

................Time Skip..............

Surprise, I'm not dead. 🥳 I've actually had this chapter done for a little bit I just forgot to post it. The story is coming together slower then expected, but no way am I going to leave it unfinished. Make sure to comment any suggestions of what you would like to see happen next.