Chapter 26

Fry POV
It was nice to have a break. Just sitting around the fire minding our own businesses. The fire was hot and the cider decent. "I wish Alby could have seen this." y/n looked up from her mug and smiled. "Yea, imagine how many lectures we would've received." "Don't forget about Chuck or Winston," Thomas said walking up to us. We all laughed, "never."

Gally POV
"Don't get me wrong the maze was nice, but I think I prefer it out here." "Well, no shit sherlock," y/n replied. "Shit? Sherlock?" I looked at her puzzled. "Oh sorry, Mary has been teaching me new phrases. So shit means when something wrong happens, like a swear word and sherlock is a detective. But the saying means obviously, you stupid shank." She smiled so proud of herself. Newt looked at her confused. "Then why didn't you just say that?" Her smile disappeared and she punched Newt in the arm. "I'm trying to culture you guys." She paused for a moment and then broke out in laughter. "Maybe not a great idea." We all joined in and it felt like old times again.

Aris POV
I could see the group further up the hill laughing. Sonya chuckled, "Aris, go and join them if you want. You seem to get along well with them." I nodded but didn't move. I was happy to have my old friends back. I had lost so many people I cared about and we had lots to catch up on. Harriet handed me a mug and sighed. "Well come on then. Aren't you going to introduce us to your new friends?" Oh, I hadn't thought of that. I stood up and waved at the group.

Minho POV
We saw Aris wave at us. "I kinda like the kid." Fry nodded but Gally frowned. "Yeah, but I don't know if we can trust him yet." Then he smiled and laughed. People started bickering and shoving each other around. "Ah fuck off." We all turned to look at y/n again. "Another swear, think it means bugger off?" We all burst into laughter again but this time Aris approached the group with his two friends. "What's so funny?" The blond chick asked. "y/n is trying to use funny words." "I am not. I'm expanding my vocabulary with outside words. Like fuck, shit and sherlock." She responded with a smug look on her face.

Harriet POV
I just looked at Sonya and we broke out laughing. "She got the right idea," Sonya wheezed out. Just then the kid with bushy eyebrows looked around. "Hey have you guys seen Brooke? Girl with short wavy red hair." "I think she went up the hill over there? I'm not sure." He nodded and headed up that way.

Brooke POV
This was it. I had a decision to make. I still didn't know what I was going to do. If I didn't do this I would face harsh consequences. I clutched the walkie-talkie in my hand and pressed the button. "This is Brooke. We are at the coordinates 856701. The right arm is assisting us as well. Do you copy? Over." I heard the other side repeat "copy that, on our way, over." I made the decision, but I still wasn't sure it was the right one. I had come so far with these people and I wasn't sure what is right anymore. But there was no turning back. It had been a while before I heard someone approach me. I turned around and it was Gally. I wasn't sure if I could face him right now. "Hey, is everything alright?" I looked him in the eyes and could see the concern on his face. "I was just thinking about everything. About life, consequences, WCKD and my life. I was trapped between two rocks. I had no way out and I need you to understand why." I could feel the tears start to come.

Gally POV
"Understand what?" Then I heard them the burgs. I looked out into the distance and saw them, they were headed right towards us. "What did you do?" I whispered. Brooke was standing what felt like a mile away just repeating, "I didn't have a choice. Please you have to understand."

y/n POV
It was great to be out in the open and free. Until the first gunshots were heard and then the open turned into a battlefield and free turned into a war.

                   ................Time Skip..............

AU: The hair at the top is what I imaged for Brooke. I hope you guys are still enjoying the story. I am so close to the ending and I can't wait to finish it. 😆