Bug eyes

I fetch blankets from Ally's room and put them next to the couch .

He said he doesnt want to intrude in Ally's room , so he'd rather sleep on the couch.

"Thanks." He says .

I pad my feet against the wooden floor toward my room . His voice stops me in my tracks .

"We could watch a movie." He says , barely a whisper . As if he didnt want me to hear what he said .

He's vulnerable,  I can tell . His head is hung low and his eyes are lingering everywhere but me.

"Sure , what movie do you want to watch?" I ask .

A smile paints itself over his face . He looks boyish yet really handsome.

We scroll through my Netflix,  looking for any movie that we both dont know .

He claims that there's nothing fun in watching something you already know .

I actually beg to differ , I watch movies that I know and my life has been going great .

"Oh ,here's an interesting one . 365 d... n... i? Do you know it?" He asks me .

I shrug. I dont know any movies that are on Netflix,  I only pay for it so that Colt and Ally can use it when they're here.

He starts the movie . They're speaking French or something.  But it's a language I don't understand .

My phone pings .

Al: I made it.

Another ping sounds . And I look at the phone .

Al: Sorry I didnt text sooner , we had a meeting just came out now . You want to face time?

I stare at the phone for a few seconds , before deciding to fold my legs and watch the movie instead.

An old guy gets shot . And all of a sudden the title of the movie appears . I look at Jeremy , and I realise that he is not at all focused on the movie playing on the screen.

"What?" I ask him, pushing my hair behind  my ear .

"Was that your boyfriend?" He asks me.

"What!? Why would you assume that?" I ask him , freaked out . If he , a stranger, could see how I feel . Then Ally?

"The smile that you just tried to hide . Your subconscious is aware that I'm staring at you , so it's trying hard and frankly ineffectively to keep a straight face .

So who is he?" He asks . What he just said , sounded like sense . My mind chimes in agreement. 

It is true,  I was aware that he was staring at me . Which is the major reason I did not reply to Al.

"Not really my boyfriend. " I say to him .

He changes orientation and turns to me. He puts the fluffy pink pillow in between his legs and stares at me patiently , waiting for me to talk.

"He's my best friend's brother. We're kind of in like." I tell him .

He nods for a while before he looks at me again.

"Okay , how old is he?" He asks .

"He's twenty four ." I say , he nods and raises his brows .

"Okay , does your best friend know about it? " he asks,  tapping his chin.

"No , she is not aware . Which is this is all going to end soon." I blurt.

"Well , does he want to make it work between the two of you?" He asks.  Raising one brow .