How Love Should Feel

"You dont see too happy about marrying Mr Rickelle." I say out of observance .

"I'm doing what I can for my poppa." She says. And I nod.

"But he has a wife already. Does she know about you" I ask suddenly remembering that little detail.

"Actually he has three wives. And yes they know about me." She says.

"Three?" I ask.

"Three. The first one, Margo Rickelle was the woman he fell inlove with back in high school. Those two have been married for almost thirty years now.

She is the front. You know,  the one the whole world knows. The one he takes to galas.

Then there's his second wife. I dont know her name but we call her sister. That's what we call each other.

They got married eighteen years ago. From what I picked up, sister was married before and left her marriage for Richard.

The third wife, Lisa Rickelle is a beautiful lady. Just above her thirties. They have  been married for ten years now. Lisa was an actress before the marriage but once you're married to Richard. You to keep a small circle.

Them there's me. At twenty four I'm getting married to a man I doubt I love for the sake of saving my father's life. " she says.

I nod.

"You are beautiful Soraya. There's more to you than what meets the eye." I say.

"Say, would you like to come to my wedding?" She asks.

"I'd love to. When is it?" I ask.

"Tomorrow." She smiles.

"Oh. Of course I'd love to. Ill be there." I reassure.

"You know. There is a man that's been staring at you our entire conversation. I've been watching his being snapped back into a conversation then dosing out just by the sight of you." She says.

I start to feel self conscious.

"Who is that?" I ask.

"There. With Richard." She points.

I turn to meet mesmerizing hazel eyes.

He waves. I wave back.

"Oh, you should go and talk to him. Who knows you two might hit it off." She says.

"Um, he's my date here." I say blushing.

"Really? Then this is so cute. Wait Nathan is your date? He hasn't brought a woman to any ball since..." she begins but doesnt finish her sentence.

"Elizabeth. I know." I say.

We nod and we head back to the boys.

Nathan's arm is around my waist protectively in seconds.

Soraya is also in Richard's arms.

"Oh Meyer, this is my fiance. Her name is Soraya. Pumpkin meet my godson." He says.

Soraya smiles.

And she shakes Nathan's hand.

"Let's leave these two love birds Raya. We've got a wedding to prepare." He tells her.

"We're not–" I begin but she cuts me off.

"Its only love if you dont question how you feel." She says then leaves.

She's answered something. Something I never realised that I had been questioning.

My love for Jeremy was always questionable. But it's not love if you question it right? Because when you love someone, you know you do. It'll never be question.