Tear me to pieces, skin or bone

The drive back home is filled with music and chatter. We talk about everything, literally. At some point he tells me how much he actually loves trees.

It kind of scares me how little I actually know about him. Like whether he has parents. He's never mentioned anything about one.

I want to ask him, but if he wanted me to know he'd tell me right? I only know what he allows me to know.

It's so dangerous to feel so much for someone when you barely know them.

I barely realise that the car has stopped because I was so absorbed in listening to him talk about how much he loves history.

He remember exactly the dates and all the wars and details. It's actually pretty impressive.

"See you tomorrow?" He asks.

"Wouldnt that be today? It's already two in the morning." I say with a smile on my face.

"I love when you do that." He says leaning back into his seat .

"Do what?" I ask. Wondering, maybe it's something I did without noticing.

"When you smile. I love when you do that." He says. His cheeks turn a slight pink.

"Oh, why?" I ask. It's actually one of those rare moment he actually let's me know exactly what he's thinking.

"Because you look so care free and beautiful. " he says leaning closer to me. His breath fans my face.

"Oh?" Its my turn for my face to turn pink.

He smashes his lips onto mine. For a slight peck, and he let's me go.

"I'll never get used to that." He mumbles.

I exit the car and literally run up to the porch. He drives away. The lights in the house are all off. They must all be asleep by now.

I crack the door slowly. I know that Ally must have noticed that I'm not at home, which is why when I push the door it doesnt fight much.

Luckily it doesn't make much noise. I tip toe into the dim house. The garden lights shine a bit into the house.

"Is that your bad boy?" I hear a voice emerging from the dark.

I walk closer to where the sound came from. I notice that he's seated on the barstool that was tucked under the extended island bench.

I turn on the light as in walking closer. When I investigate his face, I realise that he had large and dark bags under his eyes.

His face his pink and flushed with sweat. Eyes are bloodshot. And I notice for the first time what in his right hand.

A glass of whiskey. His left hand is tapping on his left knee.

I've never actually seen Alyster drink before but today he is. And why is he drinking in the dark?

"What are you doing?" I almost whisper- yell.

"I asked you a question Gemima." He bites.

"No he is not my bad boy Alyster. Now answer mine." I try to calm my voice.

"I'm having a drink." He says raising his glass.

"Since when do you drink?" I ask, I sit next to him on the barstool.

"Since I've been stressing about a little girl." He says with a heavy sigh.

"Little girl?" I ask. Why would he belittle me like that.

"Yes, now go to bed Gemima. You've been up too long." He says.

"What?" I ask him. Why is he being so mean.

"I said go to bed damn it." He says then he leaves me standing right there all on my own.

I trudge heavily behind him. Slowly though, trying to figure out why he found it so necessary for him to be rude to me.

Walking back to the room feels like its distances away while it's only a few seconds away.

I lay back into the bed. A text pops  up.

Peter Pan (Jeremy) : Just got home. I miss you already, lol ; ^

A large smile spreads across my face. Without even realizing he's just made my day even better.

Me: Yea me too. Thank you for tonight. I had too much fun ; *

I retire to bed. And soon enough mom knocks on my door.

"Good morning sweetheart." She says. Her lips land on my forehead.

"Morning mom" I tell her. She smiles and sits right next to me on the bed.

"Alice and her daughters are making breakfast. Are you feeling well enough to go downstairs and eat with us or are you going to ..." she starts.

Her voice is pleading with me to say that I'd go downstairs,  so that's what I say.

I hate disappointing my mother. She's not strict, nor is she uptight and grumpy. But she believes in me, and that's why I'm afraid to disappoint her.

"I'll go downstairs. Let me freshen up." I tell her. She smiles.

My mother is a sight for sore eyes. Her brown hair falls right to the small of her back but when she curls it, it rides up a little higher.

Her brown eyes and pink lips are captivating.  Her face is heart shaped and she has a perfect petite and round pointed nose.

Her smile is the best trait on her face. Her smile is contagious.  It reaches her eyes.

I quickly change into sweats and a light hoodie.

I brush my teeth, wash my face and comb through my hair.

"Good morning." I greet when I get downstairs.

"Oh Gemmie, we heard that you were not feeling well last night. I hope you are okay now. " Alice says, assessing my face.

"I am thank you." I sit on my previous occupation. And that's adjacent to Alyster.

He is just staring blankly at me. It's super chilling.

Annabelle drops the stacks of pancakes on the table and we each help ourselves. And let me tell you, they are amazing. Those pancakes taste awesome.

"I have an announcement." Alyster speaks for the first time this entire breakfast.

Everyone drops their forks and turn to him.

"We got a good deal in Canada, so I will be moving there to be the CEO of the branch there." He says. The siblings murmer among themselves .

While Alice has a moment of pride in her eldest child who is doing the most.

"We're so proud of you." Alice says.

"Congratulations." its my mother that speaks now.

"Thank you Maltida." Alyster says.

"Oh, we could start looking for apartments for you." Alice says.

"Actually, I'm going to move in with Willow. Next week." He says.

I can see the pain that flashes by Alice's face. It's as if her heart just broke to a million pieces. Because it did.

I turn to look at him when I've finally registered what he just said. He is staring directly into my soul.

As if this is meant to hurt me. But if we're going to play like that, then sure Alyster Black, try me.

"I think it's a romantic idea. Atta boy. And good luck." I say with the darkest smile in the world.

"I agree with Gem." Ally says.

I smile at him, the smirk that was covering his face is long gone.