Something Just Had To Go Wrong

Four weeks. It's been four weeks of bliss. Jeremy? My oh my Jeremy has been amazing.

So loving and affectionate. He takes me to and from work and is pretty much just an amazing man.

Nothing can explain the way I feel for him now. I love him. Everything that he does. From the way he cares for me and our son. To the sex. It's all just wonderful.

Driving back home from the grocery store and West Virginia to fetch Ethan. Is the best feeling.

I cant seem to get the look Alice gave me. It's as if she was trying to tell me something.

But I was happy to have to take my son back. A month had been way too much for me.

I left, but not before they invited me to the engagement party of Alyster and Willow in a few months.

And just like I take him, and now back to the house we're headed.

"... and dinosaurs and all that stuff. And you know what's the best part buddy?" Jeremy asks.

"No?" My little boy asks .

"You get to go see that with your family." He says and Ethan giggles and smiles.

They clap hands and sing songs. I fall asleep as we drive back home. It's good to be home.

Soon I'm shaken awake. A voice I loved so much said.

"Hey baby.  Wake up." He says. I dont wake up. Hoping that he'd carry me. And he does. He carries me into the house and drops me on the couch.

"I know you're awake Jenn." He says. I look at him with a smile.

"No I'm not." I say chuckling.

I stand up and I head into Ethan's bedroom to prepare it for him. Jer walks in with his and plays him on his little bed.

We walk out of the room and he leads me to his room.

We lie down on the bed and he holds me. He looks into my eyes before kissing my cheek.

"I wanted to surprise you but I cant hide anything from you." He says smiling.

"Oh?" I ask, sitting up.

"Tomorrow, I have an interview with a law firm in New York. " he says.

My heart thumps fast.

"Really? I'm so happy for you baby. Congratulations. " I say embracing him. He smiles back.

"Yea, I'm hoping to get the job. So we'll save the congrats for when I get it." He says.

"When? How did it all come together?" I ask smiling.

"A few weeks ago. I'm trying to be a better man, and an even better father and possible husband to you. Anything for my queen." He says kissing my face.

We sleep. My body relaxes onto the soft cushions as I wait for dawn.

It comes faster that anticipated. And soon I have yo wake up and prepare for work.

Jeremy drives us to work and Ethan to a near by day care. And himself to his interview venue.

Seated on the large grey chair in my newly renovated office, I smile to myself.

Arraine stands on the door frame and knocks.

"Good morning Gemma. Today I've got a handful of things to tell you so take notes." She says plopping down on the black chairs infront of the mahogany desk.

"Good Morning Arraine. Shoot." I tell her and she smiles.

"First, I'd love to say that I can not stop gushing about your office. Its gorgeous. I love everything about it, you're talented." She says looking around the way she had done the first time she saw it.

"Thank you." I tell her smiling.

"And now. There's a model coming in at two. Shes for you. You'll be in charge of interviewing her, facilitating her photoshoot and writing her article." She says. I nod.

I scribble down what she said.

"And also, I would like for you to accompany me to a ball upcoming in two weeks." She says.

I look up and I smile.

"Oh? I'd love to. Just send me the details." I tell her and she smiles in content.

I smile as she hears out. Her strong demeanor leaving the room and allowing me to release the breath I never knew I had held in.

The interview with Britney Collins, the new model , goes well. The blonde haired, emerald eyed woman is actually pretty interesting.

Soon it's time to head back home. I wait outside the company building for Jeremy.

Four thirty. I look around as people leave the building. Photographers, editors and journalists. Arraine leaves last, waving a goodbye but not before asking if I needed a ride.

The beautiful flowers and trees around the building start moving due to the dropping temperature.

Five thirty.

I've waited for an hour now and still no where to be found. I look around the place, deafening silence surrounds me.

Cars pass by and people do too.

A familiar car parks by the sidewalk.

"Hey Gemma! Need a ride?" Ty asks.

"I'm waiting for Jeremy!" I say smiling at him. He nods.

I expect him to drive away, but instead he stops the car and walks closer to me. He plops on the remaining space of the bench.

"I'll just wait with you. It's not safe." He says.

"Thanks Ty." I say. He nods and pulls out his phone.

"Hey, have you called him?" He asks.

Oh yea, maybe he's just tired from the interview and he went straight to bed.

Six PM.

I dial his number on my phone. It rings and rings then goes straight to voicemail.  I call again, twice , thrice but nothing.

"Hes not answering. " I tell Ty.

"Alright, let me take you home. You cant sit here and wait." He says and leads me to the car.

As we're driving back to our neighborhood.  My phone rings. My heart thumps in relief.

"Hello?" I answer without checking the caller ID.

"Hello Ms Summer, this is your son's day care. Ethan is still here. We've been trying to reach his father but there is no answer." She says.

Panic rests on my chest. Where could Jeremy be?

"I'll come get him." I say. And I end the call.

"Please drive me to the day care near Target." I tell him.

"Sure thing." Tyler says.

We pick a crying Ethan from his day care and Tyler leaves me by the driveway.

Jeremy's car is no where to be seen. Where could he be?

I walk into the house and begin making dinner. My legs are tired.

As I'm making the dinner, the door handle twists. But it's as if the person cant open the door. Panic settle in my heart.

I walk towards the door and I open it. Jeremy stands there. He looks disoriented.

Hes drunk.

"You." He says stumbling into the house.

"You did this to me." He says pointing at me. And just like that. Wham.

He hits and hits. Different parts of my body feel shots of pain. I dont scream, no . I just zip my mouth.  Tears fall freely as he continues with the harrassment .

"Stop that! Stop fucking crying!" He yells. I quickly wipe tears away.

He kicks me to the floor, then again and again he kicks my body. Spots of darkness appear and the last thing I see is a screaming Ethan.

No!