Playing House

1 week ago

Under the rock just like all times. He still puts the key there. Well Jeremy had never been a man of change.

I open the house and start to clean. Making sure that everything I put my hands on is spotless. With everything in check.

I begin making dinner, his favourite : lasagna . And just like he used to like it, for dessert I make his favourite apple pie.

He walks in. He looks disheveled.  I smile internally, bitch dont know what I'm about to do to him.

"Jenny?" He asks.

"Hey baby." I say knowing exactly what endearment makes him feel.

"Are you– you're here." He says breathlessly.

Oh really? I was wondering where I was.

"Are you back?" He asks.

He smiles like Ethan when he sees cake and ice cream.

"I'm back my love." I press.

"Go on up and change. We'll talk during dinner." I smile.

He goes upstairs constantly staring back at me as if I'm some God.

He walks back and sits opposite me. Staring at me like he's just discovered gold.

"So are you here to stay?" He asks.

I smile, this is the same Jeremy I met back in college. But who am I trying to kid? This lad right here should be an actor because he is a natural.

"Yes." I simply. Not trusting my mouth which wants to be smart right now.

"What changed your mind. I mean I thought you were head first in to that billionaire's pocket." He says in a teasing tone.

I offer a dry chuckle.

No body is about to talk about my Nathan like that.

"What I did to you was wrong baby. Just getting my stuff and leaving like that? That was just cold. And I'm so sorry." I say pouting .

Like I've seen girls do.

"Well let's just hope you're here to stay." He says digging into the food.

"Well I do have one request." I begin.

I watch his face morph from solace, to anger to trying to mask everything in less than a second.

A part of me sinks back and shuts the hell up. But that's a very small part of me. I've grown a bit of a back bone.

"Go one." Its his turn to give me a dry chuckle.

" I need you to return Ethan to New York." I say. He stares at me.

"That's all?" He asks.

I nod. Then he shrugs. This man has never cared about our son, not one bit. What kind of a fool had I been?

"On the condition that I see that you're not here just to free him. That you really love me." He says.

"Of course I love you. Let me get that for you dear–" I say taking his plate to wash it.

"I'll see you upstairs." He says nodding.

I nod back.

Okay somebody has to hand me a Grammy. I walk upstairs and knock on his door.

"Enter." He says.

I walk in slowly and shyly. He stares at me. I shrug out of my clothes and into his shirt.