♠ Second Generation ♠

A/N: I'm starting to see more comments like this so I'm just going to say that:

Chicanery was inspired by another book, please go give it some love! From what I can tell, the storylines are going to diverge heavily, however without that book I probably wouldn't have ever written this. Here's the link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/285851399?utm_source=ios&utm_medium=link&utm_content=story_info&wp_page=story_details&wp_uname=PuthyTaIented&wp_originator=S%2FTxyoIZHim8fMwz1psMcG11JSDoBblvvDxZuXAmdlrOJmvqV3%2B%2B84DxGLiYtkikZM%2Frsl5D6x1c%2BZC6m2N%2BLAvAWNCogWI3nKdCrQ%2FDSgu0tjqKJ%2BBGdj2DMu6QPm8E I highly recommend giving it a read! Honestly one of my favorite books on Wattpad right now /gen

With that, into the chapter!

~~♠~~♠~~♠~~♠~~

You rubbed your eyes, groaning; you slept like you were sitting on a pile of bricks last night. You felt around carefully for Chea, since she usually slept next to you, but your arms felt nothing but air. Come to think of it, the usual sounds were gone, replaced with an eerie silence. Panicked, you pushed yourself into a sitting position, and examined the room. Empty. You could tell there was a struggle near the door that you must have slept through. The floorboards and lower half door were crossed with uncountable marks from dull claws, and there were small holes in the edge of the door from the teeth of a cake wolf.

You stood up in a rush, breath quickening.

"Nononono....!" You stood in the middle of the room, and, in the window, caught the reflection of the small flashing red light; you were being watched. Probably by Red Velvet. Angrily, you pushed over a table, and, standing on top of it, pushed the camera so it faced the ceiling. You should have known he'd take them to the training grounds soon. Stepping down, you rubbed your hands up and down your face, and sat down cross-legged on a long toybox in front of the window, staring out. There was a faint drizzle, and the only light was the dim, silver gleam from the window. The door opened, then closed with the quiet click of boots. You could finally tell it was him, without the wolves.

"I told you not to get attached, Y/N." His voice called. You tensed, and sighed.

"I know. But it still feels horrible.. what if she gets hurt?" You murmured. In the reflection, you watched him fix the camera, before walking over to you and sitting down next to you.

"That's my fear, too.." he said reluctantly. "She gave me hell on the way out of here. But she definitely won't do that for enemies.. you've given her an affinity for cookies." He didn't sound accusatory, or angry; just sympathetic. You sighed, glancing up at him.

"When's the next group coming in?"

"Very soon. I'd say tomorrow." He stood, walking away a short distance before looking over his shoulder.

"I have some new cakes to train. Wish them luck." He said, before walking out the door, leaving you alone. So you did the usual. Resting your forearms on the windowsill, you watched him go, before sighing. Alone. This time without Chea. After a while, you grew bored, so you glanced around the room, and cringed; it was in horrible shape. The beds were everywhere, there were toys all over the floor, and the carpet was turned upwards in lots of places.

Seeing nothing else to do, you slowly stood, and started picking up the toys. They were soft, small tooth marks in each, and you could tell they were well-loved. Putting them in the box and turning, you started on the beds; many of them that were on higher places had fallen, so you put them back, ruffling them lightly, before rearranging the other beds. You painstakingly dragged the table back into place, and, as soon as you finished patting down the carpet, the door opened to a very irritated Red Velvet.