♠ Wounds ♠

"31 aaand.. 32."

"But I just counted 33."

"Wrong. There's 32; that one looks like two cakes because it has a split batter."

He squinted, shaking his head and sighing.

"You're right. Damn." Red Velvet rested his hands in his lap, and you chuckled.

"Well, I wouldn't blame you. Easy to mix up." You felt Chea push her nose against your hand, tail impatiently wagging and flopping against the floor. You smiled, and scratched her cheeks and behind her ears. She had grown even more; now, when you stood, her shoulders reached to nearly your waist, and she was able to do a lot more things she couldn't as a puppy.

For example, yesterday she decided she didn't like the flashing light from the camera. So, she took a running start, jumped, and tore the camera off the wall before mauling it. Red Velvet wasn't very happy, especially since he'd have to keep watch in person almost 24/7 until a new camera arrived.

Slowly, and hesitantly, like he had been thinking it over, he turned to you.

"You know, I have a bit of a... trade for you." You raised an eyebrow.

"Go on..."

"I'll let you have your sword back, and I'll let you out of this room, if you heal my army during battles." You tried really hard to not laugh in his face, so you swallowed it back and shook your head.

"Maybe. But there are a few conditions to my specific ability. I need my sword near me at all times for it to work well. Otherwise it hardly heals anything. And I'll need to make sure I'm fighting what I consider an enemy."

He frowned, and closed his eyes.

"Alright then... well, if you need it in order for your ability to be at its best, I guess I can get it for you." He stood, leaving the room. You sat in silence for what felt like an eternity, before he walked back in, dropping the sheathed sword on your lap.

"There. Does it need to, like.. charge or something?" Red Velvet asked, glancing at you. You nodded, and he opened his mouth to speak again, before a Werehound brute opened the door and yelled something frantically. Red Velvet stood, and turned to you.

"Who do you consider an enemy, Y/N?" He asked.

"Uh-uhm.... Those who have wronged me? Or hurt me? I hold grudges easily..." your voice trailed off as he turned around.

"shit... don't try anything, alright? I need to help with something." He rushed out the door, slamming it behind him. You sighed, resting the back of your head on the wall. What could it be now?

~~♠~~♠~~♠~~♠~~

Madeleine swung his sword around his hand, stabbing into another cake hound. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Espresso blow a hoard of them to scraps with his coffee magic, before groaning with exasperation as another wave approached.

"Dough and butter, how many are there?" Madeleine murmured, turning just in time to catch a cake hound. He dug his sword into its chest, tossing it towards a tree, before turning back to the hoard. A silhouette had appeared on the horizon, and there was nothing behind him.

"Trouble on the hill!" Madeleine called over to Espresso. The other cookie nodded, finishing off the group and walking over until he stood next to Madeleine, letting the figure come to them.

"Well. Awfully strange seeing you around again, eh?" He said. Espresso tensed, and Madeleine tightened his grip on his sword.