♠ Mitigated ♠

A/N: just realized Chicanery doesn't have a set time period </3

Might change the chapter name in the future, it took me forever to find and I'm still not really happy with it but eh.

~~♠~~♠~~♠~~♠~~

The darkness of the morning faded out, replaced by daylight, only to descend back into night. You were laying on your back on your bed, one hand on your stomach and the other laid lazily hanging off the side of the bed. Red Velvet was half-asleep on the ground, Chiffon curled up next to him, and Chea was sitting next to the bed, head pressing against your hand. It hadn't even been a day and you were missing being right next to her.

You heard keys jingle in the door to the stairs, the door open and then close, and footsteps. You sat up, expecting to see Sparkling come in at any second. The sink in the kitchen turned on and off, filling something metal up, and a cabinet opened, before the footsteps finally went towards the guest room.

Sparkling opened the door, holding a sealed cocktail shaker, a bowl, and a few bandages. He set the items on the nightstand, and glanced over the bed at Red Velvet.

"I'm going to try and be quiet because he-"

"I'm awake. You don't have to whisper."

Sparkling sighed. "Alright. I'll.. work on healing you and fill both of you in on the details."

He grabbed the cocktail shaker, shaking it until it glowed a faint yellow, and poured the water into the bowl. It had the same golden glow and sheen. He took off the sling and bandages Red Velvet put on gingerly, and you winced harshly, quivering a little. Still the same pain. Perturbed fear filled Sparkling's eyes, but he quickly blinked it away.

"Basically. You two can't camp because Almond might have.. predicted your stop. He's in the city."

"Called it." Red Velvet muttered. You sighed.

"I got that hunch yesterday. But it was too late to change paths." You watched Sparkling dip a few bandages in the bowl, and wrap them tightly around your arm. You squeezed your eyes shut, shaking, until he pulled his hands away.

"Done. It'll dry soon; don't let it touch anything until it does. And make sure it stays on until I replace it."

You dipped your head, but stopped him just as he was about to leave.

"Sparkling?"

He turned around. "Hm?"

"This is, frankly, an embarrassing question, but, what day is it? Like, the date."

He blinked. "It's November 29th. Saturday. The bar's closed tomorrow. Why?"

You shook your head slightly. "I just wanted to know. I haven't seen a calendar in a while."

He nodded. "Fair enough. It's close to midnight... you two should probably get to sleep soon. I sure am."

You smiled at him. "Night, Sparkling."

"Night, Y/N."

He walked out, shutting off the lights and closing the door gently. You realized that while you were talking the bandages dried. You laid down, glancing over and seeing Red Velvet. He was laying in his sleeping bag, eyes half-lidded, staring upwards.

"Night, Red Velvet."

He spared you a glance, eyes and voice threaded with an indistinguishable bitterness as he looked back to the ceiling. "Goodnight."

You frowned. The coldness in his tone was confusing, almost unfamiliar to you now. But you brushed it off, getting under the covers. He was probably bitter due to the day's boredom. You heard Chea whimper, putting her chin on the bed, and you sighed, scratching between her ears.