♠ "Welcome to Water's Wake!" ♠

As always, you'd set off again.

You expected to reach Water's Wake by the next morning, before almost everyone was awake; the bar should be open at 6 AM according to your friend's postcard, so you'd make it in time. You looked up, checking the scenery ahead.

It was quite beautiful, if you had to be honest. It was a pocket of meadow, surrounded by thick woods, and Fructose tossed his head, whinnying. You smiled, patting his neck, and glanced back at Red Velvet. He seemed to find it pretty too; he was staring off at the woods. That is, until he abruptly stopped his horse. You slowed Fructose down, confused.

"Red Velvet?" You said, narrowing your eyes. He shook his head.

"I thought I saw something. Nevermind. Let's keep going."

~~♠~~♠~~♠~~♠~~

Madeleine exhaled the breath he had been holding. He had them now. He'd guessed right on their next path, and was shadowing them, across the meadow. He wanted to just surprise them now. Take Y/N and kill the other.

Speaking of the other.

He could see them clearly now; it was the same cookie who had fought him those months ago. He tightened his grip on his sword. She was a traitor. As soon as he saw that cake wolf with her for the first time, he'd had a gut feeling she was a traitor.

He should have followed it.

He couldn't surprise them now; even if Y/N looked to have an injury, it would be too much of a risk with Chea and that other cookie around. He have to draw one of them, either Y/N or the other, away. Then he could move. But he wasn't too confident in it. They were traveling close; sticking together. Hardly alone.

He narrowed his eyes, leading his horse ahead at a gallop. He knew where they were.

And he'd reach the city before them.

~~♠~~♠~~♠~~♠~~

You clicked your tongue, ushering Fructose along. The sun was setting, and this is normally when you'd camp, but there wasn't much distance left. You kept up the pace for a little, until you felt yourself falling asleep a little, and you pulled Fructose over and signaled to Red Velvet. He seemed relieved; he was obviously getting bored.

The tents were set up, lazily staked, and you sat down on the frost-touched grass. Chea laid down a few feet away, Chiffon plopping down next to her, and you glanced back at Red Velvet; he was leaning against a tree, arms crossed and gaze downcast. You frowned - he hadn't said too much since.. that day.

The thought of it still shook you. But Dark Enchantress was gone. For now, at least. You turned and looked at him, concerned.

"Hey, you alright?" You asked. He glanced up.

"Mhm."

You sighed doubtfully.

"Alright then..." You turned back around, resting your chin in your hand, and thinking.

You'd told Madeleine that he needed to regain logic when he exiled Chea. But maybe.. you were wrong. You hated that thought. Being wrong was one of the things you never accepted. But this... you felt guilty.

His sister has just been murdered. By Chea. Of course he would exile her. You felt stupid. You had wanted to defend Chea, even if you were in the wrong entirely. Speaking of Chea.