Prologue

Marinette stands outside the bus station, looking left and right. She left Adrien a voicemail. She let him know she was leaving. Where was he? Didn't he want to say goodbye? If only Adrien had begged me to stay. Sighing, Marinette lifts her suitcase and steps towards the bus. Cat Noir drops down in front of her. Not the person she wanted to see right now. "Cat Noir, what are you doing here?"

"Mari, please don't go." Cat Noir grabs her empty hand. "Paris needs you. I need you!"

"Cat..." Marinette thinks back to her last battle, to Ladybug's mistake, and shakes her head. "I'm sorry, Cat Noir. I can't. Trust me, everything will be better after I'm gone."

Marinette tries to leave, but Cat Noir steps in front of her. "That's a lie. Don't say that. What would Cat Noir be without his Milady?"

Her eyes widen. "Milady? You know I'm-"

"Ladybug? Yes. I've known for a while." Cat Noir admits and scratches the back of his neck. "Do you remember after we defeated Bookworm, and I asked to you meet me at the Eiffel Tower?" She nods. "I was so mad after you wouldn't tell me your identity that I... sort of followed you. I saw you transform back on your balcony."

"What? That was over six months ago, Cat!" Marinette screams, tearing up. "Why didn't you ever say anything?"

"I don't know!" Cat Noir takes in a deep breath. "Because of stupid reasons, I guess. I wanted to see if you could fall in love with me. With Cat Noir, the person I get to be when I'm saving Paris with my little bug. With the person I get to be when I'm not..." He trails off.

"Cat..."

He squeezes her hand. "Please... I need you to stay."

A tear sneaks down Marinette's cheek. "Kitty, that's very sweet of you to say, but you're not the one I want begging me to stay."

"You mean Adrien, right?"

She nods with tears in her eyes. "Yes, and he's not here, so neither am I. I have to go. Goodbye, Cat Noir."

"Plagg, claws in!"