-25- Voicemail

"Tikki... can you be honest with me about something?"

The kwami waits, scared, and wonders if she's going to ask about Cat Noir's identity. "Of course, Marinette."

"Do you think Adrien really cheated on me? With Lila?"

"No." Tikki shakes her head. "I don't."

"How can you be so sure? I try to convince myself that maybe this is another one of Lila's tricks, but then I remember that stupid picture." She hugs her pillow. "I don't know what to think anymore."

Tikki flies over and sits on the pillow. "Adrien loves you, Marinette. He was the first person to believe you about Lila. I don't see Adrien betraying you like that."

"How do you explain the picture then? Alya and Nino saw them kiss in person."

"Maybe you could ask Alya."

Marinette raises an eyebrow. "Ask her what?"

"Ask Alya to tell you everything that happened. If she remembers exactly what Lila and Adrien said. The truth must have slipped out somehow."

"That's a good idea, Tikki!" Marinette sits up fast in bed and knocks the kwami off the pillow. "Oops. Sorry, Tikki." She pats her head before calling her best friend.

"Hey, girl," Alya answers. "It's pretty late. What's up?"

"Can you tell me everything that happened with Lila and Adrien?"

"What do you mean?"

"When you and Nino say them kissing. I need you to tell me everything that was said."

Alya rolls her eyes. This was her best friend obsessing over something she couldn't control—again. "Can't this wait until morning?"

"Please, Al? I can't sleep."

"Okay, but this isn't going to change anything." She yawns and readjusts in bed, getting comfortable. "Umm, Nino and I were leaving to get ice cream before rehearsals and we saw Adrien and Lila kiss in the hallway."

"Then what happened?"

"We walked over and I gave them a piece of my mind. I called Lila a backstabbing jerk." They share a laugh. "Then Adrien said he had dumped you that morning and—"

Marinette's eyes widen.

"—said that you were too jealous about the play and he couldn't take it anymore." It's quiet. "Mari? You still there?"

"Uh, yeah. Thanks, Alya. I should go to bed now."

"Goodnight, Mari. Don't stay up! You don't want to be late for school tomorrow."

"Uh-huh. Bye." Marinette hangs up and screams. "I knew it! That's all the proof I need, Tikki! Adrien never broke up with me that morning!"

"So, whoever said that was lying," Tikki whispers. "But if it wasn't Adrien, who was it?"

As a nasty thought occurs, Marinette glares at her pillow and punches it. "FELIX! Ugh, I should've known! But why would those two work together? Have they even met before?"

"At least you know Adrien didn't cheat on you!"

Marinette's smile turns into a frown. Embarrassed, she pulls the blanket over her head and cries.

"That's a good thing... right?"

"No, Tikki!"

The kwami sits on her head. "Why not? Adrien's faithful! He didn't betray you!"