Epilogue- Emelie's Garden

One Year Later

Adrien Agreste is eighteen now—his own adult and able to live life on his own terms—and therefore inherited everything in the Agreste Brand. At first, he didn't want anything, he didn't want any ties to his father, but when he realized he could help people, he decided to do good in Paris.

The former model uses his father's old company to help aspiring future artists, expanding the brand into music, acting, painting, and so much more. He's helped a lot of people achieve their life-long dreams. Knowing he can make people happy is enough to keep the boy level-headed about his departed father.

Since becoming in charge of the brand, Adrien has assigned Marinette the new face of it (with months of flattery, gifts, and hours of inspirational words). He's helping her build her own fashion line—in Paris, America, and soon the rest of the world—and although he doesn't model anymore, he's made exceptions for his lady's designs.

The two heroes have now graduated from College Francoise Dupont and have plans to take a trip to New York with their friends Alya and Nino. On their way to the airport, they make a stop first. The mansion—his old home—is now a shelter for homeless people (and others in need) to come and stay in warm beds, with good food, and loving hearts.

Adrien walks around the car and opens the door for his lady, taking her hand as she climbs out. They walk hand-in-hand inside, greeting new folks, and step into his office. Nathalie turns around with a smile and steps over to greet the pair. "Adrien! Marinette!" She hugs them both. "It's so great to see you guys."

"You too, Nathalie," Marinette whispers.

"We wanted to make a stop before our trip," Adrien explains, nodding at his mother's portrait on the wall. "Are you sure you'll be okay here by yourself, Nathalie? We'll be gone for a few weeks."

Nathalie rolls her eyes and assures the boy, "Adrien, I was in charge of your schedule for years. I think I can manage this."

"Right, I forgot," He whispers with a nervous laugh.

An alert beeps from her tablet. "Time for lunch." She hugs them again. "I hope you two have fun on your trip. You deserve it after..." She sighs. "Be safe."

"We will," He promises.

Nathalie kisses Adrien's forehead before waving and leaving the office.

Adrien and Marinette step over to his mother's portrait and activate the special grooves, stepping close together as the floor opens. She trips on her shoe and falls forward, shoving him into the wall, and she looks up with a laugh. "Even after all this time, I'm still falling for you."

"Hey, I make the jokes around here," Adrien says, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear before cupping her cheek. He kisses her and smiles against her lips. "I'm so excited for New York. We haven't been there since—"

"The school trip," Marinette finishes. "The best trip of my life. Eating magical hot dogs and dancing in front of the moon."

He snickers. "Who knew hot dogs could be so romantic?"

"You think will run into Hot Dog Dan again?"

"I hope so."

The elevator stops and the glass doors opens. Adrien and Marinette cross the bridge to his mother's garden. Her ashes were scattered here last year and every week he stops by and takes care of the flowers and plants. He glances at the plaque on the wall.

Emelie Agreste
Loving Wife and Mother
In Our Hearts Forever

Adrien and Marinette kneel down in the garden. He takes a seed pack out of his jacket pocket and rips it open, sprinkling the new flowers over the empty spot. They pat the soil together before grabbing the can and giving it water.

"Your mother is proud of you, Adrien," She whispers as she rests her head on his shoulder. "Even now, I know it."

"I wish you could have met her," He whispers back with a sad smile. "She would have loved you; I know it."

Marinette smiles. "The way you speak of her, I feel as though I already have, Adrien. She was a talented and beautiful woman. You finally gave her the goodbye she deserved."

"My mother deserved the world." Adrien had decided right then and there he would never forgive his father for hurting his mother. He couldn't bring himself to. With Marinette being the new Guardian now, it brought him peace to know that the broken peacock miraculous is tucked away safe in her miracle box.

And it would never be used to hurt anyone again.

...the end!