-15- Evillustrator 2

Sunlight reflects off the glass cage Marinette's trapped in, blinding her as she opens her eyes. Her head's spinning in a million ways. She squints, sitting up, and rubs her head. There's a little window above her. It's morning. "Morning?" She whispers to herself, looking down. She's still in her red ball gown. Her wrists are bound with rope. "Where am I?" The memories of last night come rushing back to her. The fashion show. Scavenger hunt. Ice cream. Art museum. How did she get here? She opens her purse and freaks when Tikki isn't there. "Tikki?!" She whispers, looking around. "Tikki! Are you here?" Marinette's sometch rumbles and she hugs her stomach, pushing that feeling away. What matters most is finding a way out of here, not breakfast.

Without Tikki, there's no way she can transform into Ladybug.

The door opens. Evillustrator steps in, carrying a silver tray. "Good. You're awake."

Marinette's eyes widen. "Nathaniel? No! You've been akumatized again."

"I'm not Nathaniel anymore." Evillustrator uses his tablet to erase part of the glass cage she's in. He slides the tray in. Prison food for his prisoner. "I made your favorite. Strawberry pancakes with chocolate chips. I even made you a mango smoothie." How does Nathaniel know that? Marinette eyes the food, cautious. Last time she ate something, she fainted. "There's nothing wrong it with. I swear." Reaching over, he grabs a strawberry and eats it before replacing the empty space. "You talk a lot in your sleep, you know."

"Nathaniel..." Marinette's eyes widen as he gets mad and she corrects herself. "Evillustrator, please get rid of the cage." It would help her escape. He eyes her, suspicious of her intentions. "It's too small in here. I feel cramped. You can keep the ropes on. Just, please, get rid of the cage."

"Only if you'll eat." Marinette nods. Evillustrator keeps his word and erases the glass box, along with the ropes. "I can trust you, I hope, to not run away. Because that wouldn't make me very happy."

Marinette pulls the tray closer and starts eating. She's already gained some of his trust. She has to play along until she can find a way out. Or someone finds her first. She looks around the room and asks, "Where are we?"

"My aunt's cabin. She only uses it during the summer." Evillustrator sits down across from Marinette. "We're out in the middle of the woods. In the middle of nowhere." He leans in, whispering, "No one will ever find us."

Marinette stares in fear as a tear sneaks down her cheek. She takes another bite. "Wow. These pancakes are good."

Evillustrator smiles. "I'm glad you like them. I was hoping I got the recipe right."

She finishes eating and pushes the tray aside. Evillustrator scoots closer until her back hits the wall. "How long have I been here?" She asks softly, trying to put some distance between them.

"About nine hours."

"Nine hours? Was I sleeping the whole time?" Marinette looks at her purse. I wonder if anyone is even looking for me. Is Adrien? Is he worried sick about me? "Why was I out for so long?"

Evillustrator grabs her hand. "I didn't have a choice, Marinette. I had to get you to come willingly. I knew you would only eat the ice cream if it reminded you of... him."

"Wait, the ice cream?" Her eyes widen. "You drugged me, Evillustrator?"

"It wasn't technically a drug. Just crushed up sleeping pills. But it doesn't matter. You're here now." Evillustrator pulls Marinette closer. "We can be together now."

"Won't people be suspicious when they don't see me at school?"

Evillustrator laughs. "School doesn't matter anymore. It's just you and me, Marinette. What could be better than that?"