-3- Bookworm

"These seems like a good angle for this last shot," Nino tells Marinette and Adrien as they stand on the Eiffel Tower, preparing to shoot the kissing scene. Marinette's more than nervous; she's absolutely terrified and excited.

The two share a look and blush, both scratching the back of their neck.

"It has to be believable," Alya tells them, grinning. She can't believe they're about to kiss and, technically, it was all Adrien's idea. She side eyes him before walking back over to Nino. "So, give it all you got."

Marinette and Adrien face each other. "So... we're about to kiss, huh? I brushed my teeth before we left so I should be all good." She nervously laughs and turns to look at Alya for help.

"Don't worry, Marinette." Adrien places a hand on her shoulder. "This part shouldn't be too hard."

Speak for yourself. Marinette straightens her shoulders and takes in a deep breath. "Okay. I'm ready."

Alya squeals. "Ahh!"

Marinette glares at her as Adrien questions her with an eyebrow.

"I'm just excited to put this on my Ladyblog," Alya defends, laughing. "It's gonna go viral."

"Okay." Nino aims the camera at them. "It's getting dark soon, so no mess ups! Ready? Action!"

Acting as Ladybug, Marinette walks up to Adrien and places her hands on his chest. "It's too dangerous for us to be together, Cat Noir. If Hawkmoth knew our true identities, we could be putting each other in danger."

Adrien places a finger on Marinette's chin and tilts her head up. "Milady, I want you and only you. I don't care about Hawkmoth or the supervillains he creates. I'd protect you with my life. You know that."

There's butterflies in Marinette's stomach. "We can't, Cat Noir. It's too risky." She turns around, frowning, and Adrien grabs her hand and spins her around. "Cat—"

"Then if we can't be together, then..." He takes in a deep breath. "Can we at least share a kiss? For old time's sake?"

Marinette nods. "Of course, my kitty."

Alya watches in amazement as Marinette and Adrien lean in closer. He places his hands around her waist as their faces inch closer until their lips are touching. Marinette's heart explodes the longer Adrien kisses her.

"Cut!" Nino shouts, but they don't pull away. "Dudes. Dudes! I said cut!"

Eyes wide, Marinette and Adrien jump back from each other. "Huh? What?"

"That was amazing!" Alya cheers.

Marinette couldn't feel her legs. She just kissed Adrien! She felt like she was about to pass out. "Is the scene finished?"

"Totally. And it was awesome!" Nino starts putting his equipment away. "No interruptions—"

Spoken too soon. Down below, people start screaming in the park. The four of them run over to the ledge and look down. A new supervillain is attacking Paris. Bookworm, as she calls herself. She stands six feet tall, wearing a purple neon suit. Each step she takes leaves a purple footprint on the ground. She writes something in her notebook and a couple turns into pigeons. Marinette and Adrien's eyes widen. They needed to transform, but with Alya and Nino around neither one of them had a good excuse.

"Awesome!" Alya screams, already filming on her phone. "This is so going on the Ladyblog!"

"Alya!" Marinette says, grabbing her hand. "We have to go! It's not safe up here!"