-22- Lila

"Good morning, Mari," Adrien tells Marinette as she picks up on the first ring. "Just calling to make sure you're not late for school."

"I was actually awake before you called, Smarty Pants," She teases, struggling to put her shoe on. She steps forward, tripping, and lands on her chaise, groaning.

Adrien laughs. "Forget to tie your shoes again?"

"No, just tripping over nothing again." Marinette gestures for Tikki to fly in her bag as she heads downstairs. "Bye, Mom! Bye, Dad!" She starts heading downstairs. "I think I'm catching a cold from last night after playing in the fountain."

"Will a kiss make you feel better?"

Rolling her eyes, she says, "I don't think a kiss would work." She opens the bakery door. Adrien's standing there, phone in hand, grinning at her. "But we could definitely try." Hanging up, she stands on her toes, bringing her lips to his. He wraps a hand around her waist, pulling her closer. "Good morning, Lovebug."

"Feeling better?" Adrien asks, smirking.

Marinette smiles and grabs his hand, crossing the street with him to school. "A little."

"Just a little?" Stopping in the middle of the road, Adrien grabs Marinette's face and kisses her again. "How do you feel now?"

"Like we're about to be road kill."

A car honks at them.

Laughing, Adrien grabs her hand and they race to school. "Everyone's more chatty then usual," He notes, watching all the energetic students.

Alya and Nino walk up to them. "Haven't you heard? Lila's back."

"WHAT?!" Marinette and Adrien shout at the same time.

"Yeah, dudes. She finally came back from Japan." Nino spots Lila on the stairs and waves at her.

Lila makes eye contact with Marinette. She smiles and waves. Marinette glares at her. "You've got to be kidding me," She mutters, her face turning red from anger. "No one wants her here, anyway!"

Alya rolls her eyes. "Dramatic as always, Marinette."

"Hi, Adrien!" Lila waves like crazy at the blonde model, blowing him a kiss.

Adrien gives her a look of disgust as Marinette grabs his hand and drags him away from the group. "I can't believe she's back," Marinette mutters, crossing her arms. "Our lives are so much better when she's gone."

"I know what you mean," Adrien whispers, shaking his head. "But we shouldn't let her get to us." Marinette thinks back on all the times Lila has threatened to ruin her life. Should she tell Adrien about it? "Besides, she's not worth getting angry over. We don't want to add fuel to Hawk Moth."

Adrien's right. We can't let ourselves become victims. I guess I'll wait on telling him what Lila said to me. Marinette smiles at Adrien. "Lila's not even worth it."

The two walk hand in hand to class, taking their usual seats. All the students are gathered around Lila, fascinated by her stories and the lies of web she strings. Adrien and Marinette stare in her direction, both sporting an angry glare. "Miss Bustier?" Lila asks, standing up. "Would it be okay if I gave everyone their gifts? While I was in Japan, I couldn't stop thinking about my amazing classmates and I knew I had to get them something! For being such good friends to me."

Miss Bustier smiles. "Of course, Lila! Go right ahead."

Grinning, Lila grabs a large gift bag and starts hanging out gifts to everyone. Marinette eyes Lila as she walks up to Adrien. "Here you go, Adrien." She places a flower-shaped keychain in his hand. "This is a special keychain. Legend says two people who carry a matching set are destined to fall in love." Lila reveals the matching one from her pocket. "And I just happen to have the other one."