-8- Art Galleries and Jealousy

Even after a morning shower, Marinette keeps finding flour in her hair and ears. "I can't believe Adrien and I baked together yesterday, Tikki!" She spins in her room, gleaming. "It was the best day ever."

"Even if you did spill flour all over him." Tikki laughs as Marinette glares at her.

"Very funny." She starts gathering her books and notebooks, checking the time on her phone. "Ahh! I'm late for school! Come on, Tikki." She flies in as Marinette runs downstairs, storming out the door. She stops abruptly as a car zooms by and Tikki stares up at her. "That was close."

"That was closer than close."

Marinette races up the steps, making it just time time before the school doors shut. She climbs the stairs two at a time before she reaches Miss Bustier's classroom. Adrien looks up and smiles as she runs into class, tripping and falling right in front of his desk. He jumps to help her up. "You okay, Marinette?"

"Marinette, can I talk to you real quick?" Miss Bustier asks, leading out her of the classroom. "I wanted to apologize for yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't believe you when you said Chloe stole your essay. It was very unprofessional of me."

"It's okay, Miss Bustier." Marinette softly smiles. "We all know how Chloe can be." Her teacher nods in agreement. "What was Chloe's punishment, anyway?"

"Chloe's suspended for three days. She'll return to class on Monday." Miss Bustier opens the door and lets Marinette walk in first. "Alright, class. Please go to the online textbook on your tablets. Today we're going to start reading Romeo and Juliet. Then, next week we're going to hold auditions for the play we'll be performing."

Rose shoots her hand in the air. "We're doing the Romeo and Juliet play?" She squeals, jumping up and down. "That's my favorite play! It's so romantic and—" She gasps, adding, "TRAGIC!"

Miss Bustier nods. "Yes. We're going to be putting on the play. When we're done reading it, I'm going to hold auditions in the gym. Anyone can audition for any part they want."

Alya leans over to Marinette. "Imagine you and Adrien play the leads. You'd had a reason to kiss him again."

Adrien smirks to himself as Marinette hides her face under the table.

The class reads through the first act before lunch.

"After lunch, we're going to keep reading." Miss Bustier grabs a lunch box from under her desk. "So, go eat and refuel."

As Marinette stands up to follow Adrien, Alya, and Nino, her classmate Nathaniel taps her shoulder. She turns around. "Oh, hey Nathaniel. What's up?"

Adrien stops at the classroom door and watches them. Something flips in his stomach and he wishes more than anything that Nathaniel would leave her alone. He remembers when he turned into Evillustrator and made Marinette go on a date with him.

Plagg peaks his head out, whispering, "Jealous, are we?"

"What? No!"

"Hi, Marinette!" Nathaniel scratches the back of his neck. "I was wondering if you'd like to, uh, go to the art museum with me after school tonight? They're opening a new exhibition on abstract art."

Her eyes widen. That was out of nowhere. It sounds fun, though, and she didn't have any plans. "Oh. Sure, Nathaniel. That sounds fun."

"Awesome. I guess I'll meet you at your house at seven." Nathaniel waves and walks past Adrien as he leaves the classroom.

"Going on another date with Nathaniel?" Adrien asks, scaring Marinette as she puts her stuff away.

"It's not a date," She defends, shoving her tablet in her book bag. "We're just friends going to the art museum."